Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck cpu after time

Newbe here

I have 12 gig kit of P I F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (2Gx6)
    I have spent the last 3 weeks plus trying to get this memory to run right with either the 12 gig or 6 gig configurations.
    I am new at overclocking, even thought that really isnt my goal.
    I have tried all the setting I could find online for this board or other asus boards.

I can run at many speeds and even stress test at 4.2g and stay under temp.I have tried dozens of speeds, timings, votages.

Here's the problem.
    after 10 min.... 30 min my cpu speed rises to 13 % at locks up. The meter might move 1% but the CPU-Z will freeze in this instant in total auto mode) and nothing responds or takes minutes to respond.
    hangs during reboot and then works normal for awhile...... then the problem comes back. Sometimes 5 minutes some times 30 or somewhere between. It seems to do it more when idle then during a stress test but has done it during stress test. I usually still have mouse control but not always. That might depend on what settings I am trying at the time.

XMP mode says 1.6v however, asus turboV says its 1.9 so I have been turning this down right away. Setting it manually in bios to 1.6 in XMP mode doesnt help. I still have to back it off with asus turboV. So I assume XMP over rides my manual setting? Or is turboV just wrong?

This is a new RMA's board. Seems my board wasnt the issue. I did try a different PS with the old board and old memory. PS tests good and voltages look good in bios.

Old memory is running fine in a second computer I have with same Motherboard.

suggestions?

Asus P6t6 Revolution latest bios
    core I7 950 D0
    F3-12800CL7T2-12GBPI (2Gx6 2x3 tried also
    GTX 275 video
    WD VelociRaptor 300 GB SATA x 2 raid 0
    WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA ( WD1002FAEX) tried also as OS

May need to raise the QPI/VTT a tad to stabilize the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

XMP does override manual settings initially, but you can manually set things after you enable XMP.

Make sure DRAM Voltage is 1.65V and you should be fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Help

I am at my wits end.

Ok, well, its not the memory. I have tried 2 sticks 3 and 6.

I have tried 3 sticks of different memory from this machine. same motherboard.

I have the memory in question all 12g installed in this machine auto everything 8-8-8-20 timing and all seems well. I wont mess with it on this machine until the other machine is fixed.

So........ what the hell is going on?

RMA's motherboard did not solve the issue.
        memory did not resolve the issue.
        Different hard drives did not resolve the issue.
        Different power supplies did not resolve the issue.

over clock and under clock did not resolve the issue.

Symptoms
        Boots and loads windows .....usually..... runs.....usually..... after some time....systems hangs at 13% on processor usage. It will hang there awhile.....10-20 minutes if not touched.....then act like I gave a power down command. Sometimes I get the option to cancel and it will......but real sluggish.......

Usually it will reboot...... several times real fast.....sometimes....it will start to load windows and then reboot.........sometimes it will come back on right away...... sometimes it will sit for 5- 10- 30 or a damn hour and then suddenly come back on.

Suggestions????

The last two items are processor and video card. Has anyone ever seen this behavior from a video card? Its a evga gtx 275. causing windows and MB to act this way?

wits end

Comment

Try disabling speed step and power saving features to see how that works.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Also may want to check the CPU and socket, check for bent pins, thermal compound that may have gotten in socket or seeped over edge of CPU, also if you can borrow a different CPU, you may want to try it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X