F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL memtest errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL memtest errors

Just finished putting my new system together a couple a days ago and before I installed Windows I wanted to test out the ram. Unfortunately no matter what I try I get errors.

With the optimized defaults loaded, the only thing I changed was enabling XMP @ 1866 and I had a few errors in test 3, 4 and 5 in different combinations.

These were the readings I get in the bios for these settings...

CPU Voltage [Offset Mode] - 1.184v
    Dram Voltage [1.5v] - 1.5 - 1.503v
    VCCIO Voltage [Auto] - 1.065v

I tried raising the Dram voltage slightly in increments up to 1.55 but the errors persist. I also tried raising VCCIO slightly but that did not help either. I also tried adjusting the Vcore manually to 1.2v but that didn't improve anything.

I just swapped the ram (which are seated in the blue slots) around hoping that maybe re-seating them would help, but no luck and the number of errors has actually increased. I also re-checked all my power connections as well.

I also tried dropping the speed down to 1600 Mhz and I still get errors.

The m/b bios is rev 0501 and I see they have a newer one out now that is suppose to increase ram compatibility. I was going to try and upgrade it but don't know if that was a good idea with the errors I am having.

Sorry for being so wordy, but I really hope to get this resolved and the more I let you all know the better I hope.

Any ideas/suggestions on what to do/try next would be appreciated. Or am I looking at RMA... I have til the 25th of this month to return them to NCIX.

The rest of my specs I have added to my sig...
    Intel Core i7 2600K | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2X4GB | Corsair AX750 | Asus GeForce GTX 580 | Corsair GT 120GB SSD | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I'd go ahead and try the BIOS upgrade, then if still problems do the exchange...The current BIOS may well be off for the timings which could cause the errors.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks Tman,

I just updated the bios to 0603 and no luck, I am still getting errors. The number of errors seems to have increased as well over time. I'll contact the retailer and see about an exchange.
      Intel Core i7 2600K | Asus P8Z68 Deluxe | G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2X4GB | Corsair AX750 | Asus GeForce GTX 580 | Corsair GT 120GB SSD | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Comment

Working...
      X