16 gb best settings F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gskill

I'm sure I have yet another faulty Asus M4A89GTD PRO USB3. It's the third bad Asus board I have since July 2011.

Basically this is unable to run 4 sticks of memory. My first board died as I installed 2 more sticks. The second one (RMA) worked 2 days with 4 sticks (brand new GSkil RMA) and died.

The third one was OK during one day, I could even run Prime95. On the second day everything went bad: freeze and bsod all the time, any time, any application.

The main problem on the third board is socket A1, for sure. The same stick fails Memtest in socket A1 (during pass 1,2 or 3) and gets 0 errors in socket B1 (8:45 hours test, over 9 passes). I could also run Prime95, no errors, over 2 hours, using only 1 stick in B1.
    I tried also different settings, 1 stick, socket B1. Everything goes fine: Memetest, Prime95, Photoshop, Firefox.

Now I have to buy a new board. I'll RMA this to Asus, any way, since they would never refund me and I'll buy a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 or 990XA-UD3. I hope it works.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
    X