G.Skill RipsawX F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL & Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill RipsawX F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL & Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

I have a Phenom 955, ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO with 4 GB of 1600 MHz memory and it was working great. Bought another 8 GB of F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL on sale and can't get it to boot (no video) with the new memory in the empty channel. Tried lowering the memory to 1333 MHz, upping the voltage, etc still can't video with the new memory in. Works fine with the original 4GB in it running at 1600. Is the G.Skill memory defective or is it a compatibility issue?

Ideas?

With all 4 sticks, the 955 probably won't be able to handle 16GB at 1600, to try will have to raise DRAM voltage as well as vCore and CPU/NB - the AMDs have a weak MC (memory controller), the 065 C is about the lowest rated AMD that can handle 16GB. Could try them at 1333 8-8-8-24 2N, but will prob still have to play with voltages.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

More information

When I say I get no video, I mean no POST or anything. Everything turns on, but no POST. When I turn it on with just the original 4 GB in at 1600 or 1333 it runs fine. When I insert the G.Skill memory, it won't post. No bios, no anything. I tried with the G.Skill by itself and can't POST. I've tried the G.Skill memory in both channels and it hasn't worked in any arrangement. I have already set the speed in the BIOS to 1333 and cranked up the voltages as described in the AMD Sticky at the top of this forum. I tend to think there is something wrong with the memory if I can't even get a POST. Do you disagree?

Comment

Might reset the CMOS, then try 1 stick at a time and see if either/both will post. If one does and the other doesn't may be a bad stick...can also try cleaning the contacts on the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You need the latest BIOS and it should work flawlessly. But, don't forget to manually input settings according to our "AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600" guide. That will make your computer operate at max performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

GSKILL Tech:

Upgraded the BIOS and it works like a charm. Thanks a bunch!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X