No announcement yet.

Random reboot and crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once GSkill gets the package the return normally is out within a couple of days, so it would be whatever the mail/travel time is.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Shipping to Canada will take the longest. I'd say around 2 weeks, definitely not 3-5 months.

If you are interested in the 16GB kit, make sure to ask the RMA dept. if it is feasible and whether there is an upgrade fee. Make sure to let them know so they can make the proper adjustments on file, otherwise you will get the same as what you sent in.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is this the right email for the RMA dept. rma@gskillusa.com? Its been 18 hours and theres no response.

Edit: Received email message in 3 hours after this post.
        Last edited by OCeaN; 08-10-2011, 04:09 PM.
        =My System=
        Core i5 2500K
        MSI P67A-GD53 w/ v1.14 (1.E)
        MSI GTX570
        GSkill Ripjaws X (2X4GB) 1600MHz
        Corsair F40, Black 1TB, Blue 640GB
        LG Burner
        Corsair HX750 750W
        Modded Antec 300
        Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Comment

Thanks for the update, looks like GSkill has been as busy as I have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tested these ram on my other system (LGA775) just to confirm and the issue definitely exist, random shutdown while gaming and boot cycle with anything over 1600 regardless of timings. I'll start the RMA process once I buy another kit.

=My System=
            Core i5 2500K
            MSI GTX570
            LG Burner
            Corsair HX750 750W
            Modded Antec 300
            Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Comment

Ok I bought another F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL just before I prepare to send my current ones off and I noticed something different. The kit I bought has a shiny silver, hologram GSKILL sticker with the date (2011Aug) stamped half way on it were my current ram just has the date (2011Mar) and GSKILL in red, no fancy sticker. The major change I noticed is that the timings table has changed in CPUZ and without XMP, the default timings are now 10-10-10-27 @ 1600 instead of 9-9-9-28 @ 1600.

My question is will the replacement ram be the same as what I have bought or sent? I am worried having two kits made 6 months apart will increase the odds of incompatibility.

Edit: Picture added for clarifications. The old and new kit works together but still crash from the current faulty ram. The one I bought is all good.

Last edited by OCeaN; 08-14-2011, 08:03 PM.
              =My System=
              Core i5 2500K
              MSI GTX570
              LG Burner
              Corsair HX750 750W
              Modded Antec 300
              Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Comment

Working...