HDD issue affecting memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD issue affecting memory?

I have been using GSKILL memory for a few years. In one system I have 4XModel F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL installed in an Asus M4A77TD PRO MOBO with a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz CPU. The HDD, a Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5TB failed. At first Windows 7 would not boot but soon the system was restarting endlessly. I disconnected the drive and booted to a Ubuntu Live CD. This worked fine. Since I installed the HDD I could only run the memory at 1333Mhz. However with the HDD disconnected and running the Ubuntu Live CD I could set to and run at 1600Mhz.
    Does it seem strange that a HDD could affect the memory?
    Last edited by imaddicted2u; 07-25-2011, 02:10 AM.

Sounds like you may have a corrupt Windows system on the HD, might try booting with the OS CD/DVD and do a system repair

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At the start, I could read files from the drive using Ubuntu LiveCD. Windows would not load to safe mode, systen repair CD or to the Install CD.
      A little later, the PC would reboot continuously with the drive attached. I RMA'd it under warranty.
      Ubuntu LiveCD still loads. My question was about whether it is normal for a HDD to have an effect on the memory in a PC. Like I said, the PC could only run 1333Mhz ever since I built the box and the HDD was installed. Without it I can set to 1600Mhz and it runs fine.

Comment

Working...
      X