Asus P6T Deluxe v2 & F3-12800CL9Q-16G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P6T Deluxe v2 & F3-12800CL9Q-16G

I am unable to get the XMP setting running on my mobo with these sticks either set in Triple or Dual Channel mode.

How can I get these running @ 1600?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Make sure they are in the correct slots for dual channel (believe 1,2,3,4, but check your manual). Should be able to enable XMP in BIOS, set to 1600 and go.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for replying. Yep I have the latest bios, and I checked the manual and placed the dimms in the correct slots but it still doesn't even boot up after save and exit from the BIOS with XMP enabled.

Comment

Could try testing each stick individually with memtest to see if a bad slipped through

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It is registering as the full 16GB though, would a bad stick do that?

Comment

A stick can register and still be bad, memtest will test them for errors that could be the cause....if the sticks all test good then you might want to look to the mobo or CPU.....could pull CPU and ensure no bent pins in socket or that no thermal compound seeped under the CPU/into the socket

Tman

Comment

So memtest cannot test the sticks in groups and specify if one or more is bad? And with testing individually, how long should I test for per stick?

Thanks.

Comment

I normally only run them 30-45 minutes, you can test them all together, or two at a time....individually narrows it down.....actually it's just how I do it (but then again, I have other computers available so it doesn't really bother me to have one tied up)

Tman

Comment

So I ran Memtest until the tests were finished and all 4 sticks came back good with no errors. I'm quite stumped. Do I need to manually enter the settings to get 1600?

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, mainly the DRAM and voltage(s) settings

Tman

Comment

Right now everything is set to Auto

Comment

Input settings manually.

DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600
                        DRAM Timings - tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24
                        DRAM Voltage - 1.50V

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...