Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit of a problem(s) - evga p-67 sli, intel i7-2600k, gs f-3 12800cl7d-8gbrh (x2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a problem(s) - evga p-67 sli, intel i7-2600k, gs f-3 12800cl7d-8gbrh (x2)

Greetings from perhaps the newest "member" of your elite caucus - and there is definitely a reason for my being here.
    First - I am the ultimate of knows nothing where I presently find myself, but here goes. I just
    completed my first build which included the components listed in "Title". Presently I'm in the process of testing my RAM sticks (4x4) for their worthiness. Posted & booted perfectly - recognized all components. Purchased the ram, 2x(2x4) because I wanted the CL7, not
    knowing 16 GB packs do not usually (read that never) come mit 7 latency. So be it. Presently,
    whatever amount I use, four sticks, two sticks, or one stick - boots (usually from forced shut down) fine, runs fine for 20 - 30 minutes - then mouse and keyboard use deteriorates to point where mouse cursor disappears and keyboard is useless/inoperable (number/scroll/Caps lock
    lights will not) Then windows exp hangs closing, windows 7 Pro closing screen hangs (forever),
    mandating "forced/power switch" shutdown.
    Have tried to configure RAM, four, two, and single sticks in BIOS in default, custom, and XMP profile 1, whatever that might be - no difference. Tried XMP prof 2, would not
    boot. Can bumble around in BIOS - barely, can set some settings that I recognize, save and exit. Have Evga E-Leet & CPU-Z installed
    but don't know what to change or adjust.
    Have to finish this quickly, before my mouse times out. Can anyone possibly offer a, I'm
    afraid, rather detailed "what's wrong, what to do, and how to do it"?? Would be much appreciated. Danke sehr.
    Last edited by DerAck; 07-08-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Spelling & brief addition

Might pick up a copy of CoreTemp and run it while system is up and running to keep an eye on the CPU temps, could be overheating if the time frame is consistent. Make sure you have the latest BIOS, A118, found here:
    http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/...t.asp?switch=2

Next, try it wit one set of sticks (consecutive serial #s), enable XMP and set it to 1600....to run the two sets may have to raise the DRAM voltage by .05, and may have to increase the MC (Memory Controller voltage slightly)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X