Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM + ASUS P7P55D-E Pro (8 GB, 4 x 2GB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM + ASUS P7P55D-E Pro (8 GB, 4 x 2GB)

Hello,

I am hoping to get some assistance with solving my issues when attempting to use 8GB of the above RAM, in 4*2GB sticks.

Memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
    Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
    Processor: Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz

When I run 2x2GB, for 4GB total, I do not have a problem.

When I add the additional 2 modules, I start running into trouble.

The BIOS is correctly detecting the 8GB of RAM. I have set the profile to XMP, and am using the 7-8-7-24 1.6V settings that this puts into place.

I have run memtest on each stick individually, and they all test out good with no errors. I have reseated each module to make sure they are in correctly.

I was originally blue screening when attempting to load into Windows 7 64 bit. I have now managed to get the OS to boot, but after signing into Windows 7, I am unable to run certain applications: for example, Firefox 32 bit, or Google Chrome. If I try to run IE 64 bit, that works - but IE 32 bit does not. Most of the applications produce an error when I attempt to open them, although some do not.

The total available RAM on display in Windows 7 is 8GB.

I've tried making small incremental changes to the voltages, thus far without success: it either blue screens when loading the OS again, or I am still unable to open certain applications in Windows.

I am using the most recent version of the BIOS, 1603. I reset the BIOS via removing the battery after flashing it.

It seems like there is a setting somewhere which is incorrect. I am hoping someone can tell me what it is.

The error that I am receiving when attempting to launch certain programs is:

"the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004)".

I'm wondering if the registry got damaged somehow, since I attempted to uninstall Firefox, and got the same error. When I attempted to reinstall it, again, I got the same error. I seem to be able to install new apps without a problem, however...

Comment

I decided to reinstall the OS, since it seemed something was very wrong.

Since the reinstall is complete, everything appears to be working (finally!). It looks like one of the many blue screen errors trying to get the RAM to work did some serious damage to something in the OS.

Regardless, I think everything is back to normal now. Hopefully, this thread might be of use to someone else who has gone through the ordeal I have!

Comment

Thanks for providing the info, sure it will assist others

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X