• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram compatibility problem!! HELP

Hello brothers....

I have Intel Core i7 930 {Water cooled}
    Asus Rampage 3 extreme
    Gskills Trident 2gbx3 tri kit (2000mhz) http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=327

This is my first gskill ram kit and i am having very bad experience regarding it..

Sir the problem i am facing is that i cant overclock the ram properly.... i mean that i cant achieve the 2000 mark of my ram... i have tried many things like loosen the timings
    9-10-9-28 - 2t @ 1866 1.65 or 1.66 volts

9-10-10-28 - 2r @ 1866 / 1.65 volts

10-10-10-28 - 2t @ 2122 / 1.65 volts

but it didnt worked... i have also tryed XMP profile but my system is not at all booting up and the same case with that timings that i was trying didnt worked

i brought my motherboard setting on stock and then tried to overclock ram it self but it didnt worked either...

my processor was on stock and i tried to use ram on 1866 mhz on 9-9-9-24 timings and giving voltage 1.60 even tried by 1.65 but my pc didnt started how ever it does start on 1600 and below that

i am a noob i dont have information.. i have not been sleeping at night and completely indulged myself to learning the ram overclocking and failed miserably....!!

My ram model is [ TDD ] F3-16000CL9T-6GBTDD (2Gx3)
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=327

now what i found bit surprising that on the website i cant see my motherboard name... so does that mean that this kit doesnt support my mobo... XMP isnt working either... i am waiting for reply.... plz tell me what do i am worried

plz tell me everything in step by step what do since i am a noob.....
    Waiting Anxiously for ur reply

Regards
    Zain

Anything over 1600 is considered an OC speed for the DRAM, so to achieve the faster DRAM speeds you'll need to OC the system (you show leaving the CPU at stock, if I read correctly). Next, you may have to play with the MC voltage (QPI/VTT) to support the higher speed, DRAM voltage is probably fine at stock.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sir i have also checked by overclocking my processor to achieve 2000 Mhz... or 1866 mhz but my system never started with that setting... for ram i selected 9-9-9-24 and voltage 1.60 even tried 1.65 but didnt worked....

while i have also tried to play with the dram voltages and qpi voltages as well but didnt worked...

what i want from u is a complete sort of guide that what voltages,timings of ram, how much do i have to overclock my processor....

so that i can try ur setting on my pc and check that whether the system is booting up or not since i have tried my best but i failed...
      so am expecting guide from ur side

thanks

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS and can you post your BIOS settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the problem solved.... it was a bios issue i updated the bios and it worked thanks!

Comment

No problem, have a good 4th and Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X