• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 FTW and G.Skill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL compatibility

Motherboard: eVGA P67 FTW
    RAM: F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
    CPU: i5 2500k

I purchased this set of RAM a while ago from Newegg when it was on sale for $140...crazy deal. Anyway, I'm having some trouble getting this RAM to work on this board.

It will run at DDR3-1600 1.5v, but the system will only POST if I use the default SPD (which is detected as 9-9-9-28-2T). Neither of the XMP profiles will work...both cause a no POST. Setting the timings manually to 9-9-9-24-2T results in a no POST as well, most likely because the subtimings are set incorrectly.

I also tried using the XMP profiles with the new A118 BIOS for the FTW which advertises better RAM compatibility, but no joy. Same problem. Any ideas on how to get this RAM to work at its rated timings?
    Last edited by YMAA; 07-02-2011, 10:23 AM.

Could try running Memtest on each stick to see if one of them is bad.., if all test Okay then could try raising either/or the DRAM voltage / the Memory Controller voltage (VTT)....could also be that EVGA is still working out BIOS problems, might check and see if this is a problem they are working on

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X