Using F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ RAM With ASRock G41M-VS3 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ RAM With ASRock G41M-VS3 Motherboard

I am planning on buying the ASRock G41M-VS3 motherboard, which supports "DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory" and use it with the G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ RAM package (2 x 2 GB). However, the specifications page does not list the Intel G41 chi[set (on the motherboard) as compatible with this RAM. Also, my CPU has an 800 MHz FSB, which apparently only supports 'DDR3-800'.

What I want to know is if this RAM will work on the stated motherboard.

Possible reasons it won't work:
    - Chipset not listed in RAm specifications page
    - CPU has slower FSB than RAM

Thanks for any thoughts,
    Rifdhan

It should work, the memory can downclock to lower settings. Depending on your CPU, you can also overclock CPU FSB.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

That's what I thought, but how come the G41 chipset is not listed on the RAM's specs page? And how come the specs also say 'FSB 800 CPU only support DDR3-800' if in fact faster RAM would simply downclock?

THnaks anyway, and I'd like a second opinion,
      Rifdhan

Comment

Running the sticks at 1333 will depend on the CPU and the OC used (if needed)...If you have a 800 or 1066 based CPU and don't want to OC, then there's no sense in buying 1333 since your not going to be pushing the envelope on the sticks. You could get them and run then at 1066 or even 800 with tighter timings, but that doesn't make a lot of sense

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Now I am pretty sure this will work.

I want to buy this specific RAM because ther is a sale for it at my local computer store. If I were to look at 1066 MHz or less, they are double the price.

As well, I plan on overclocking, and this will pretty much guarantee my RAM won't hold me back (only my CPU will).

If it's all good to go, how come the G41 chipset is not listed on the RAM's specifications page? As far as I know, any RAM that is DDR3 240-pin and is 800, 1066 or 1333 MHz will work in my board. I don't know why there is a list of chipsets if it makes no difference.

Thanks for all the help,
          Rifdhan

Comment

What will show on the specs page is what they have had the time to test the sticks with as far as mobos, normally if the sticks are for a specific chipset, i.e. the Ripjaws X which were designed for the P67 (and derivatives H67, Z68) then testing is concentrated on those mobos that are available, next would come the mobos already available to them. With limited testing time and having to retest as new BIOSs are released as well as providing support via phone, e-mail, here, etc, I imagine (how I would do it anyway) is the newer and most popular chipsets/mobos would get priority in the testing as time allows

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for all the support. I will buy the RAM and report on how the installation goes.

Rifdhan

Comment

Think you'll like em, we'll be looking for your report

Tman

Comment

Well I installed them on the stated configuration adn they work fine. They downclocked to 800 MHz as expected, and the timings even tightened themselves! What more could I ask for? They even look great!

Comment

Great, glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X