P7P55D and mixed ram 4x2g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P7P55D and mixed ram 4x2g

I've been running a set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2) on an ASUS P7P55D MoBo with a 2.8GHz i7, and recently decided to grab F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2x2) Ripjaws to upgrade to 8gb. However, it's only mapping 4gb (Win7x64 does see 8gb installed)- which seems common after reading a bunch of similar issues regarding that "Intel spec" 1-dimm-per-channel @1600 spiel.

I know that you have a lot of experience with this popular board, so what I'm hoping is that you guys could provide me with the BiOS values I would need in the AI OC Tuner section (currently set to Auto) to get the full 8gb recognized, provided of course that mixing the different sticks isn't a problem (I have the Ripjaws in the 1st (right-side) dimm of each channel if this matters).

If this is at all possible, I would be a very happy camper, because my only other resort is to sell the NQ's and exchange the RL's for 2x4 1600's. If I'm pretty much stuck, I'd appreciate any advice on the best course of action to get 8gb on my system for a reasonable cost (got the ripjaws for ~$40 on NewEgg, wasn't planning to do a whole RAM overhaul - that's what i get for reading the MoBo manual after buying it and the 1600 ram lol)

I've never OC'd so playing around with the values on my own hasn't worked very well :-P I'm looking for stability more than anything, and if need be I'm not opposed to underclocking to 1333, although when I tried this with the "Manual" setting I had no luck.

Sorry for a whole life story, but please let me know if any more info will help.

Unless they have updated the BIOS to more fully support 1600 (and up) DRAM you are limited to one stick per channel. Try them at 1333, 8-8-8-24, CR (Command Rate) at 1T, DRAM voltage 1.5,,,if still problems change CR to 2T. At 2T, actual performance is close to native 1600, and if it will pull 1T (might have to goose the voltage to the MC (Memory Controller) at 1333 it should be right there at native 1600 or a little better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried all of that, and still no luck. When it posts it shows 1333, but only 4gb still. Am I missing some setting? I feel like if I set memory to run @ 1333 and it posts 1333 then I'm not violating the 1-dimm-channel @1600 rule, but it still only maps 4gb. Any suggestions?

Really hate to waste 4 perfectly good gigs of memory when I have 2 perfectly good slots open.

Comment

Send them in for RMA to exchange for the same kit. Most likely the two kits are not fully compatible with each other.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

C'est la vie. Yeah I think I'm going to RMA the ripjaws but also sell the first set and get 2x4 of 1333, which would cost me nothing additional after all is said and done. I'd like to avoid getting more 1600 ram because I'll probably do one more upgrade to 12/16 gb before upgrading chipsets and i don't want to be stuck searching for compatible memory to underclock again. Well, thank you for giving it a shot, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Phenomenal support

Comment

Sorry we couldn't do more, but sometimes the hardware just doesn't support what people want to do

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X