ASUS Crosshair V memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Crosshair V memory

Hi I am was thinking of getting ASUS Crosshair V but one problem is I am stuck with memory someone help me I want to overclock the cpu and memory and I want to buy 16gb 4gb sticks can some help me I want the very best that there is and when bulldozer comes out I plan to buy the new cpu later when it comes out so what should I buy?

One of these should work well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rder=BESTMATCH

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi would these work [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ?

Comment

That's a 2 stick, 8GB set..., the equivilent 16GB set (you said you wanted 16) is the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL, which is on the list Gskill Tech provided.....If you've decided to go 8, then yes, these will work, but if your thinking of getting 2 of the 8GB sets, be forwarned, while two sets 'normally' will work together, there's no guarantee they will, which is why 16GB sets are offered, these sets have sticks tested to work together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

oh I see em can I ask whats the best Cas Latency which one should I buy
          7 (2)
          or
          9 (7)
          or
          11 (1)
          ?
          Also what Voltage should I get
          Voltage
          1.5V (8)
          or
          1.65V (2)
          ?

Comment

The lower the CL at a given speed (i.e. at 1600 CL7 is preferred to CL9 performance wise and for flexability (room to OC))

Same is basically true with voltage 1.5 is the Standard and provides more flexability if available for a particular speed, many of the higher freq sets however need the 1.6 or 1.65

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi I show these G.SKILL Ripjaws X + Fan Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2200 (PC3 17600) Desktop Memory Model F3-17600CL9Q-16GBXLD
              how easy is this to overclock and seeing since they are very fast at DDR3 2200.
              So how do I overclock these?

Comment

You might want to check w/ ASUS, they spec the mobo with a 2133 max, and to do that you'll have have to OC the system to match the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Hi I read that "The new Bulldozer cpu's will support up to DDR3-1866MHz" so know that we know its speeds whats the best one to buy?

Comment

I think I will go with F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD x2 as its cheaper to buy 2 of them rather than going with the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD.

Comment

Sounds good, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X