• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL with motherboard combo

G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Asus M5A97 EVO

I have bought a pair of G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL memory stick and I am currently looking to find a AMD Motherboard that would accept these sticks at their standart frequency. My price range is around the 100$ mark and I was hoping the Asus M5A97 EVO motherboard would work with the Ram. In the list that Asus provides the sticks aren't included but the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ that run at the same frequency are in the list. I was planning on bundling up the motherboard with an AMD Phenom II X4 965.

So I would like to know if this motherboard would accept these memory sticks as DDR3 1600 or even if it would accept it as DDR3 1333? If not what motherboard would work with the G.Skill's (preferably from Asus, Gigabyte or MSI)?

Thank you

That combination will work just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the information, I will post the results of my build as soon is I get all the parts and as soon as I build it.

Comment

We'll be looking for it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got all my components and I tested everything externally and my M5A97 Evo is telling me there's a problem with my ram. I changed my cpu and got a Phenom II X6 1090T. Can anyone please help me, it's my first build and I starting to panic.

Comment

Can the problem be that the ram isn't good? Do i have to buy ram that is marked as ok with the motherboard?

Comment

Test one module at a time to see if one performs slightly differently.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have a similar setup using the same board and RAM, but with a Phenom II X4 945. And I have the same problem...and a workaround.
                When changing settings in BIOS or issuing a hardware reset the system will not POST claiming that there is a memory error.
                When I then turn the system off and unplug the power cable / switch the power supply off, wait a minute, then turn everything back on, the system starts fine with the exception that I get a warning that "overclocking failed". I am using the default BIOS settings, so that claim is totally bogus. After pressing F1 and immediately leaving BIOS the system boots up fine and is impressively stable and fast.
                That leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the BIOS. Many other M5A97 users report the same issue. It has nothing to do with G.Skill memory, because I first had Crucial memory modules and it had the same problem. I eventually exchanged those for the G.Skill, which are on the QVL.

I recommend using the workaround assuming it works for you as well and never turn the system off unless for Patch Tuesday. The power saving mode under W7 works perfectly fine and the system snaps out of it within a second or two. I recommend writing to Asus and complain, they really should put a BIOS update out that fixes this issue.

Comment

Working...
                X