Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me! Ddr3 1333 & asus/amd

Model of the motherboard: ASUS M4A89GDT PRO
    Model of the memory: DDR3-1333 PC3-1066 (F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL)
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
    Memory: 6gb, 1 4gb G.skill model: F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL (working)
    1 2gb Mushkin Advanced Silverline 991585 (working)

Hello and sorry if this has been asked a millions times, I did look around for information before making this post.
    I bought a new stick of RAM and got it installed, pressed the MEM OK button on the MOBO, booted up, but when I get to the windows logo the system shuts down and restarts itself, I have tried removing both of my previous memory sticks and the system will not start up, is this a bad RAM stick?
    System boots up fine with just the 2gb Mushkin or my older 4gb (F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL) but not with this new one, all bios settings set to auto, do I need to install something on my computer before this works?
    Thank you.

cont.

After further investigation it turns out this model of RAM is not compatible with my MOBO?
    http://gskill.com/products.php?index=316
    I don't see my particular board listed there, but I do see it says AMD 890 Series.
    So is this stick supposed to work or not? Am I just lucky the other stick has worked all this time?
    Bout to call Newegg for RMA

Comment

No input from anyone?

Is there anything I should be modifying in the BIOS for this to work or should this run PNP?
      I think its a bad stick because the other 2 sticks work fine, no matter what slots they are in, this wont work even if it's the only stick in the board.

Comment

If the new one won't run by itself, then would guess it to be bad, if it was simply that two or three of the sticks wouldn't run together, then it could be they aren't compatible, or require additional voltage to the CPU/NB, the DRAM itself and/or the CPU. Since it is the same as an existing stick you have that works, then Yes, would assume it to be bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds like it is bad. It should work fine by itself, plug and play.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X