Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRAM refresh failure/unrecognizable RAM

Hey guys,

I'm currently having issues with my first boot, and I may be jumping the gun here as I'm not going by any visiual cues (no video card installed, just the AMI speaker code).

I am using F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL RAM in a P7P55D-e LX board from ASUS, with an i5 760 from intel. I am not sure if the memory is faulty or not, as I get 1 long beep, followed by 3 beeps, and after a while another single beep.

Additionally, the memory DRAM light stays red for the duration of the 1 long beep+ three short beeps, but dissappears after the single beep after a pause. All the fans are running, and from what I can tell, the cpu isn't constantly restarting.

Any advice?

Test one module at a time. If both do not boot at all, it is possible the motherboard is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the response,

I will install the video card today, and post an update as to what my results are. I'm sincerely hoping it's not a motherboard issue.

Comment

Any luck, let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey guys,

Managed to get it to POST, it was the lack of a video card after all. However, for those of you who are stuck with a similar problem and a reseat/reinstall of a video card doesn't work, this thread might be able to help you.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26...memroy-problem

Comment

Thanks for the info

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X