GSkill Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

I fear I have made a mistake and was hoping to get some clarification from the extremely knowledgeable people here at G.Skill.

I put together a new computer yesterday from newegg.com and made the order after triple checking it. I did not however triple check my ram it seems, as I discovered my query just moments after the charge had been processed.

Upon initial research I saw the G.Skill snipers supported the X58 Chipset. However after further reading the specs (fail) I saw this particular batch I purchased was stating "Designed for Intel LGA 1156 Core i5 / i7 CPUs and AMD AM3 CPUs"

For lack of not knowing.. Did I screw up here as all other G.Skill Snipers are X58 compatible.

MOBO - Intel BOXDX58SO2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU - Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601960

Should be fine, the Snipers have worked fine on everything I've thrown at them, including the X58...as far as QVLs and compatibility checks, the sticks are tested by both GSkill and mobo makers on a catch as catch can basis, right now priority is more towards the P67, H67 and Z68s which have had problems since their inception (but they all seem to be getting there)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much Sir. I suppose I was over thinking it. Appreciate the speedy reply.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes, think you'll like 'em

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X