Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL with Alienware Aurora-R3 not booting

Hi everyone!

I recently bought an Alienware Aurora-R3 with Intel Core i7 2600. It is equipped with 4GB (2x2GB) running at 1333 MHz. I would like to upgrade to 16GB running with 1600 MHz.

I found G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (so 4x4GB), and tried to install them. But when I install these memory modules and press the power button on my computer it refuses to boot
    It does not even show the BIOS, so I cannot enter the BIOS to change timings or voltage or anything. Just the fans start blowing, but then nothing more happens...

After this I replaced the RipjawsX with the old memory modules and set the voltage to 1.65 Volt in BIOS, but when I installed the RipjawsX again, it didn't change anything... the computer refuses to boot...

There are some options in the BIOS I could change, but I do not want to damage anything by entering "random" numbers or options.

I wanted to ask, are these memory modules compatible with the Alienware mainboards? I bought the G.SKILL RipjawsX, because they should have been made for Sandy Bridge mainboards, like the one from Alienware (I attached a CPU-Z screenshot)

That's the memory information of the currently installed memory:

Does anybody know if I could change some settings in the BIOS? Or is the Alienware BIOS not compatible with these memory modules? Or am I just too stupid and bought the wrong modules?

Thank you very much!
    Claus
    Last edited by Bitjuggler; 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM. Reason: Replaced image links

Clear the CMOS (with power off and unplugged), install the sticks, and it should boot into the BIOS, enable XMP and set it to 1600 and should be good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion! I tried it, but it didn't change anything... I cleared the CMOS with 2 different methods, first with the set-jumper method (there is a dedicated jumper to clear the CMOS on the mainboard), and then by removing the coin-cell battery for a minute or so...

In both cases the behaviour was the same as before, when I press the power button only the fans start to blow, nothing else happens...

I fear, if I cannot even boot into BIOS, then these memory modules are really not compatible...

Comment

See if you can try a different stick (maybe borrow one if need be) to try and ensure it's not the mobo or CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X