Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A78LT-M LE and DDR3 1.600MHz 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

Hi All,

I recently bought some new parts and are seeing some instability with Win7, these are my HW parts.

MB AM3 Asus M4A78LT-M LE
    Processor AMD AM3 Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz HDZ555WFK2DGM
    DDR3 1.600MHz 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

I updated the Motherboard bios and now I am seeing only 6/10 freezes during the day (was 6/10 in a hour).

I saw many posts here and I think that everything can be solved only doing some adjusts in the bios setup, my question is how to do that, these were the parameters I probably need:

DRAM Frequency DDR3-1333
    DRAM Timings 8-8-8-24
    DRAM Voltage 1.50V

There isn't options in Bios menu that I could simply choice , if someone could give me the right menu options or point me other sources than the motherboard manual I would really appreciate that.

Regards

if running at 1333 might raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 and raise CPU/NB +.08 from where it's currently at

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

where are these options?

Ok, I tried to set up as you suggested, this is what I saw:

In Advanced -> CPU Ratio and Voltage

The CPU/NB Frequency is set to AUTO and the options are 4.00x, 5.00x, 6.00x, 7.00x. 8.00x, 9.00x, 10.00x, 11.00x (So no idea how to raise it to +0.8

In Advanced -> Memory Timming and Voltage (with 3 suboptions)

I set Memory Clock Mode to Manual, them I have enabled the option "Memclock Value", here my options are 400MHz, 533MHz, 667MHz and 800MHz.

In DRAM Timing Mode the options are: Auto, DCT 0, DCT 1 and Both

In Memory OverVoltage the default option is Auto but it accepts values between 1.3500V to 2.2050V, the standard is 1.5000V and the increment is 0.0150V

Setting the DRAM voltage to 1.55 seems the easiest thing I can do here, wonder if I am in the right place.

FYI, These are the settings I have in the page Advanced -> CPU Configuration
      Speed 3200MHz,
      NB Clk: 2000MHz
      HT Frequency: 2000MHz

Not sure if this information is relevant.

Regards

Comment

Your looking at the CPU/NB FREQUENCY, where you want to find CPU/NB voltage

MEMCLOCK VALUE to 667 (DDR + Double Data Rate, so 667 x 2 = 1333 (actually 1334)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Almost there

Hey sir, thanks for replying

I set Memclock Value to 667MHz and Memory Overvoltage to 1.54500 (the next option is 1.5600)

Still in darkness for CPU/NB Voltage

The options in Advanced tab with the word "voltage" are:
          CPU Over Voltage
          HT Over Voltage
          Chipset Over Voltage

Any clue?

Regards

Comment

Look for VDDNB in the Advanced menu

Tman

Comment

Last one

So, what would be a good value to put there?

can't tell you what is the current default as the default value is "by cpu" but the manual says that processor operates between 0,875 ~ 1,4V

Thanks a lot

Comment

The CPU voltage is for the CPU only and has nothing to do with the NB or CPU/NB voltage.
                Set the NB or CPU/NB or VDDNB voltage to around 1.20v
                Most boards default to running the IMC (Internal Memory Controller) to Unganged mode.
                In Unganged mode, the IMC is slip into two lanes, thus DCT 0 and DCT 1.
                On ASUS boards, I usually set this bios option to Both.
                By doing this, you'll have to set the memory timings for both memory controllers.
                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                Corsair HX850W Modular
                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working now

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help, after put the Memclock Value to 667MHz and Memory Overvoltage to 1.54500 I passed a entire day without any freeze, so I think I will let this way unless someone tell me that this is not good.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                  X