F3-12800cl7d-4gbxm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7d-4gbxm

Hi, so I got this 4gb kit for my i7 2600k and Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. Installed, fine, bios picks them up (set to auto) as 1600mhz. So far so good. Except my Windows WEI scores them as 5.9 (worse than my previous ram) I ran CPU-Z and it does show them as a 1600 kit but running 9-9-9-28. The thing is, these are supposed to be CAS 7 sticks. Did i get robbed or is something not set right?

Thanks for any help.

Will want to enable XMP and then select the 1600 speed to match your sticks, it's setting them to a JEDEC standard 1600 settings by the BIOS (you can also set them manually, but using XMP) is more precise.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

F3-12800cl7d-4gbxm

Thank you Tradesman, that definitely worked...sort of The memory correctly reports at CAS 7 enabled in CPU-Z but my WEI score is the same. What's odd is when i looked at the reviews for the kit, most people are reporting EI's in the 7's. Any ideas?

Comment

You have 4GB.....WEI (which is really worthless, check the net on it) has all kinds of presets in it that basically limit your scores, most notable is hard drives, standard platter drives, have a limited score of about 5.9, DRAM is limited both by total DRAM and speed, some CPUs at stock (say 3.0 i.e. a Q9650) may well score the same at 4 GHz, while it was originally designed to rate the performance of your actual components, they have artificially limited scores (in part maybe so they won't have to change it yet again. When the top scores were 5.9, it didn't take long before people everywhere were posting straight 5.9s everywhere.....the one 'good' thing possibly to me is it did increase sales of SSDs, since no one wanted a 5.9 rating, which is what they were limited to using a platter drive.

Might download PassMark, it will provide more real world ratings on your DRAM and you can compare your scores to other like systems or folks using the same DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X