CPU Coolers and Ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Coolers and Ripjaws

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good CPU cooler that will clear the Ripjaws and allow me to use all four memory slots? I have the following components:
    Intel Core i7 2600K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe R3 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Mother...
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

A Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU-TRI-77 Universal CPU Coolers fan wouldn?t clear the nearest memory slot with a Ripjaw installed.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

I have this kit (specs state the height is equal) and it fits perfectly below a Scythe Mugen 2. The fan hangs over 2 modules, but it doesn't get higher than the heat pipes on top of the Mugen.

Here are two photo's I quickly made to show what I mean (although it may be hard to see, the blue banks are actually easier to mount):

Click for larger images.
    Last edited by Zerotorescue; 06-10-2011, 01:06 PM. Reason: Pictures

Comment

Thermalright Ultra-120, True Black, Prolimatech Megahalem, these should all clear just fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Zalman

Does anyone have any experience with a CNPS9900MAX from Zalman? Looks like it has plenty of clearance.

Jason

Comment

Believe the 9900 will clear but may be tight with the locking bracket - for Zalman thought, might take a look at the CNPS5X, it's inexpensive (I bought it to have another spare in the shop) put it on my latest box 2500K, 16GB Snipers, running at 4.873 GHz, it keeps things in the mid 30s C at idle....and has no overhang at all, leaves your slots clear and accessible....the Thermaltake Frio I bought for this build now sits in the shop

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I use the Corsair CH50 (water cooling) I picked it up at Best Buy for $49. I have no issue with heat. Idol (19c), general use (21c), games (27c). I also use all four DDR slots filled with the Ripjaws.
            MSI 890FXA-GD70 (Bios v1.9)
            AMD Phenom II X6 1090 BE
            Corsair CWCH50 Hydro
            G.Skill RIP JAWS 16GB DDR3-1600 @1333
            MSI Lightning II 5870
            Corsair Pro AX850
            Win7 (64bit)

Comment

Working...
            X