Clear All

• F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL i7 920 Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION TRUCKEE 1.04E01

Dear G.Skill
    I just installed a Hex Set of Triple Channel Ram. Great Value $279.99
    F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL ? 2011 May
    DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 4.GB x 6
    CL9-9-9-24 1.5Volt
    I am running an Intel i-7-920 CPU @ 2.67 GHz
    CPU Speed is 2.67GHz, L2-Cache is 256KB x 4, and L3-Cache is 8MBs.
    HP Pavilion m9600t Prod#. KX745AV#ABA
    I am running a 64.bit Version of Vista Home Premium w/SP2 on one Hard Drive and a 32.bit Version of Windows-7 Professional on the other Internal Hard Drive.
    I know about the Operating Systems RAM limitations, 16GBs for 64.bit Vista and 3.5GBs for 32.bit Windows-7
    My Computer does not show any big improvements after installing this upgrade from 12.GBs of competitors ram that came Pre-Installed with Vista.
    When I Enter the BIOS the Main Page Displays (Below)
    Installed Memory: 24576MBs / PC3 8500
    Memory Bank-1: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Bank-2: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Bank-3: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Bank-4: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Bank-5: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Memory Bank-6: 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
    Next Month I will be buying, then installing an OEM copy of 64.bit Windows-7 Professional on a New/Still in the package 1.5TB Hard Drive.
    I do not see any way to adjust the Timing, frequency or anything else inside.
    Vista has the Reliability and Performance Monitor (looks pretty) but I?m concerned with NOT being able to Read the Motherboard Functions or make any adjustments if I should need to.
    Can you recommend a Downloadable 3rd-party Utility?
    This Ram is virtually Plug n Play, on 64.bit Vista when I enter the Control Panel and Double Click on SYSTEM it shows 24GBs of RAM Installed and asked me to change the Page file size to 24574MBs and I did then rebooted. (No issues)
    Everything seems to be running as before. The other disk is running 32.bit Win-7-Pro w/SP-1. (Also shows 24.BGs)
    When I do the Clean Install of 64.bit win-7 Pro, Should I remove the other Hard Drives and HOPE that the System and Hardware will recognize the Changes?
    My Big Concern here is that above it says PC3 8500, I want the 1o666 and I can?t even tell if it?s running @ 1333.
    I went to the HP site and they do not offer any detailed info on the motherboard schematics or jumper settings.
    I can use the computer the way it is now and wait until I do the Clean Install to see if the Speed and Timing get bumped up.
    Also I wanted to ask you about registering my Ram? Can you post a link?
    The Information listed below I copied from Belarc Advisor.
    Operating System
    Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Installed: 1/19/2002 9:53:52 AM

System Model
    HP-Pavilion KX745AV-ABA m9600t
    System Serial Number: MXV92303N4
    Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor
    2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

Main Circuit Board
    Board: PEGATRON CORPORATION TRUCKEE 1.04E01
    Serial Number: 103050260000033
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 5.29 09/17/2010

Memory Modules
    16384 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Slot 'DIMM0' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'DIMM1' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'DIMM2' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'DIMM3' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'DIMM4' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'DIMM5' has 4096 MB

new Hosted Virtual Machines (mouse over name for details)
    None discovered
    ???????????????????????????????????????..
    Windows 7 Professional
    Copyright 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Service Pack 1
    System_________________________
    Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM) 24.0 GB (3.24 GB usable)
    Page File Size: 4978 MBs
    System type: 32-bit Operating System

Thanks John972

John L.
    Worcester MA.

You can not make any adjustments because it is a pre-built computer. You need an aftermarket motherboard to make changes.

You do not need to remove the other drives when installing Win 7.

As far as registering the memory, you do not need to. As long as the warranty sticker in intact and there is no physical damage, we can always have the memory replaced if defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your Speedy Responce

Thanks Very Much, I Understand "It is what it is"

Ok then let me ask you this about the Main BIOS Page, as I stated earlier the information displayed says that there are six sticks' of 4096MBs DDR3 SDRAM
      The Total is 24576MBs / PC3 8500.

The PC3-8500, are the Factory Installed Settings on this Motherboard locking my computer down so that I will never get 10666.

Should I seek the Help of a Computer Repair Shop to un-do this?

Bottom-Line is, after I install win-7 Pro x64.bit I am sure it will use all 24.GBs of RAM, but if it is choked out and will only run at 8500 vs. 10666 then I will be Bumming~BigTime.

Can you make any Un-Official predictions about what I might expect after I Install 64.bit Win-7 Pro?

Thanks again.
      Thanks for any Suggestions you may have.

Gratefully John972

John L.
      Worcester MA

Comment

No, it is a motherboard limitation, no computer repair shop will change this.

If you really want to achieve better performance, you need to swap everything onto an aftermarket motherboard.

Motherboard, aftermarket CPU cooler, maybe power supply, low latency memory, then you can have a much faster overclocked system. It will not be the same computer.

Once you install Win 7 64, it will just show 24GB instead of (3.25GB useable).

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very Much,

Have a Great Weekend.

John972

John L.
          Worcester MA.

Comment

Let us know what you do, we'll be looking

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, This is the Plan, (Thanks )

Well then Here is what I think I will do.
              I will up Grade to 64.bit Win-7 Pro and leave 64.bit Vista Home Premium on this Machine also.
              I Will Remove the 32.bit win-7 (save it on the Hard-drive and store it in my Underware draw) Its only on a 500.GB Hard Drive anyways.

Then I have a FOXCONN (A7DA-S 3.0) Motherboard that I got for $44 in a Bundle when I was Buying something else, That Board also supports DDR3 (4-DIMM Slots) and AM3-CPUs.

So It make take me a while to get the Parts together due to my Limited $$ But I Really want to thank Everyone for all the Great Help and Straight Forward answers that I have always gotten here.

The GSKILL Support is the Balls, Support and the Speedy Response Time Really Makes Me Feel that I have Bought the Best Ram That Money Can BUY.

You Men/Women Totally ROCK !!!

John972

John L.
              Worcester MA.

Comment

Thanks for the plug and keep us posted, have a good weekend!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X