Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5KC motherboard + Core(TM)2 quad Q9550

Hello.

I'm planning to buy some 1600Mhz g.skill ram for my computer.
    But my motherboard only supports 1333mhz, is there anyway that i can overclock it or something for the use of 1600mhz ram?

My CPU is a Core(TM)2 Quad Q9550, 2,83Ghz 12mb cache, 1333MHZ FSB, 45nm.

And then i'm wonderind if any of the ram are compatible with my motherboard, in the way that is there a socket number like my cpu is socket 775?

Thank you.

Andih.

I've been searching for several hours now.

G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Trident Series (8-8-8-24) Dual Channel kit
    (Why does it cost more than (G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Ripjaw Series (7-8-7-24) Dual Channel kit)?
    When the CL is lower, shouldnt it be faster or am i wrong? The Trident series cost more but has higher CL, what is the difference? They are both 1600MHz.

Comment

the 1600's may run at 1600 on the mobo, operative word being 'may', if not either set should should run fine at 1333 with tighter timings than stock at 1600. Tighter (lower) timings are generally indicative of better performance yes. The cost and availability often play into the price of the sticks themselves.....may get a good deal on really good chip/ICs and can then put them on sticks at lower prices than others.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Which sticks do you reccomend me? Price doesn't really matter since it's a birthday gift from my parents, i just need some quality and something that is "excellent". 2x2GB og ram, since my motherboard can't support more than that.

Ohh, and i've been looking at this motherboard too, since i want to stick to my 775socket, i could only find two motherboards that have 1600mhz FBS.
        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo
        I've searched around on the forum, and heard that asrock doesn't really know what "ram" is.
        Last edited by Andih; 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

The FSB is on the CPU, so you just need a good motherboard that can overclock and support 1600MHz CPU FSB OC.

Trident series should work well.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

So do you reccomend that i use the motherboard that i linked above?
            Or can i overclock the motherboard to use 1600FSB?

Comment

The ASRock mobo, isn't all bad, I had one that ran very hot (I reviewed it at the Egg, but believe it had been previously RMAed, so was prob defective), but it carried 1600 with no problem and even let me OC a 16GB of Snipers (1600, 1.5 volt version, 1600) up to over 1800. Tech support was nothing to write home about...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I think i'll go for the asrock motherboard, and then go for 16gb g.skill ram.

Which do you reccomend me this time?

I could only find 16gb of ripsaw series. So i guess thats it?
                Last edited by Andih; 06-11-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

In the full set (4x4GB) the Egg currently has both the Ripjaws and the RipjawsX, I used two sets of the 1.5 volt 1600 Snipers

Tman

Comment

Hey, what is the difference of these two g.skill ram sets? I can see that the CL is different and also the voltage of the ram.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=359
                    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=358

Can you even feel the difference?

Comment

The first set (that ends in an 'H' is the "H"igh performance, hence the lower tighter CL of 7, the second set, which ends in "L" is the "L"ow performance of the line,,,The X series is designed around the P67, H67, Z68 chipsets and offered in various performance levels....the sticks work well with all chipsets I've seen though from socket 775 to 1155, 1366 and the AMD mobos

Tman

Comment

Thank you.

Is there any places that i actually cna buy those High Performance sticks in "Denmark"?
                        Those shops that are listed on your website, have either gone bankrupt, or is selling fishing stuff now, or doesn't even have g.skill rams on their site :P

Comment

Have to wait on GSkill for that info, they should be in Tues unless something is going on, will drop them a line to check your post.

Tman

Comment

haha okay, i've found one website, that have added gskill rams just two or three days ago, but they don't have the gskills sticks that i want. =/

Comment

Gskill should be in today, dropped them a line, hopefully you'll hear soon

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X