G.Skill F3-12800 8GB kit in ASUS ASUS P8H67-I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800 8GB kit in ASUS ASUS P8H67-I

While your listings are for P67 & Z68 mainboards, I have a query that I hope you will be able help me with.

I have a ASUS P8H67-I Rev B3 mini-ITX and I would like to install either a G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL or G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM kit in it.

According to the manual, in the EFI BIOS, under Ai Tweaker, Memory Frequency; the available options range from DDR3-800MHz through to DDR3-2400MHz.

I wish to run the memory at 1.5v stock and at 1600MHz.

Do these modules boot at say, by SPD, CL9@1333MHz as default?

Although there are no guarantees, is there any reason that it should not work in this ASUS P8H67-I ?

Either set should work fine, not positive what the default is on that mobo, but believe it is 1333, so you should be able to boot into BIOS, and if default not 1600, can either enable XMP and set 1600, or set it up manually....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tradesman for your prompt reply.

I'll order a F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM kit.

Will be a couple of weeks before I'll complete the build, but will post back here and let you know how it went.

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No, the F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM kit will not run at 1600 MHz in the ASUS P8H67-I mini ITX mainboard, no matter what voltage/timings I used.

I suspect it is a Intel imposed limitation of the H67 chipset.

Will use the F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM kit in a Z68 mainboard at a later date.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Should work if the CPU can handle it, what CPU do you have?

Tman

Comment

I have used both a i7-2600 (non-K) and a Xeon E3-1230.

It works fine at 1333 MHz & the +3% BaseClock allowance to 1373 MHz.

Comment

I think it should work with the 2600, though I haven't used one of them (I only build with the K series and even they are rated for 1333) may have problem hitting 1600 since the system can't OC except slightly in Turbo

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X