Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA P55A-UD6 + 4 x F3-17000CL9D

Hi,

Just bought 4 x F3-17000CL9D for my GA P55A-UD6 - doing a lot of video editing etc. However, I can't get the sticks running much higher than 1800. I've upped the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.4 and the DRAM to 1.64, tried running on XMP (didn't work) and manually setting (BCLK to 166 and SPD 12 - ramping the CPU clock down to 15 to take it out of the equation), didn't boot at all.

Is there anything I should be looking at specifically? I've turned off all the power saving C states according to a lot of info I've found on the net, and I've tried taking the CPU out of the mix - also tried changing the sockets. However, I'm thinking that it's just not that easy to overclock this much memory - is that the case?

Does anyone have tips I should be doing to try to get this running at speed? I'm looking to get it to at least DDR3-2000. I've opened up all the CAS timings as well to try to work out the problem, still no luck.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Are these 4GB or 2GB modules? You should have purchased the RipJaws series instead.

Instead of using all 4 modules at a time, try one kit first. Maybe the two kits aren't even compatible.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Yep, got the latest BIOS - they are 4Gb versions - and they are the Ripjaws series.

They were both bought the exact same time, and are both the exact same kit - 2 of the 2x4Gb kits.
      Can you confirm the settings that I should be using to bump up the speed? I thought these were XMP capable?
      Thanks

Comment

Do the sets by themselves work all right (each 2x4GB)? Might try that first if both sets will work as individual sets, then it may be as GSkill mentioned, the two have a slight incompatibility, hats why they offer sets, in a range of overall sticks and capacity, each set is tested so that it's ensured the sticks work together....so I'd try each set by itself, then check each stick by itself with Memtest to make sure there's not a bad stick in the mix....Let us know how that goes, and also what CPU you are running. If all is well after the testing, GSkill may have some advanced timing tweaks you can try, come Thur

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X