Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with my F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM help please!

*CPU:I7-2600K 3.40Mhz
    *Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65
    *MEMORY: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    *Windows 7
    *H70 Water Cooling System.
    *Thermaltake 800W Power Supply.

Hi guys.

I'm having some problem with my OC Genie II from MSI, I OC my pc to 4.20Mhz but when i run prime95 my pc will restart it self after 30 minutes or so ruining with prime95.

When i go the BIOS i see the Voltage of my DRAM is 1.666V but my MOBO can only run with 1.5V, After i turn off the OC Genie II and i go to BIOS, I see that my DRAM is sitting again in 1.666V and no back to 1.5V

I contact Intel and they told me the problem is that I7 2600K doesn't support RAM higher then 1333mhz.

I guess what im trying to ask, are this G.skill good for my Motherboard or should i get the 1333mhz that will work better with my CPU and Motherboard?

I apologize for my Engish if the spelling is not correctly.

Thank you.

This memory should work fine. What is your CPU VCore? Did you enable XMP?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

This was showing in the BIOS while OC Genie II was ON

CPU core 1.350V
      Current CPU core 1.368V - 1.376V
      CPU I/O Voltage 1.250000V
      Current CPU I/O Voltage 1.240V - 1.248V
      DRAM Voltage 1.666
      Current DRAM Voltage 1.632V - 1.648V
      System Agent Voltage [Auto]
      Current System Agent Voltage 0.920V

and no the XMP was disable, if i enable it will it fix the problem?

I try googleing and get as much information about XMP but i was not quite sure what was the purpose of it, when i call you guys on the phone one of your tech guys was helping me OC the RAM and he told me to have it disable.

Thank you.

Comment

Well typically manual settings is best, but XMP can work well for some motherboards. XMP enabled tells the motherboard you have memory better than DDR3-1333 CL9 installed. It will detect settings from the memory, and input them for you. So you can try that to see if it is stable. Double check the memory settings to make sure they are correctly set.

Also, do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? You should check that as there were some issues with initial releases.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Also may want to reat the sticks firmly, MSI has informed me a number of their mobos had DIMM sockets that are too 'tight' and requires a little more pressure to firmly seat the sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X