Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6T2-12GBPIS, Asus P6X58-E WS

Great forum,
    I am building a new computer used mainly for gaming and would like to use G.Skill memory. The MB has 3 channel with 3 DIMMS per channel.

RAM: would like 12GB to start
    MB: Asus P6X58-E WS
    BIOS:
    CPU: I7 970
    GPU: Radeon HD4770
    SSD: OCZ Revodrive x2

The MB takes DDR3 1300/1066 and then a variety of faster memory over clocked. I have never OC'd memory but am willing. However, the Intel website seemed to have some limitation as to what memory I can use.

Questions:
    1. F3-12800CL6T2 is not in the Asus QVL but it has a short latency can I use this memory?
    2. Any 4GB DIMMS with CL6 that would be stable?
    3. Any memory suggestions for this build?

Thanks for the help

Should be able to, with the low CL, may need to raise QPI/VTT voltage a tad if any problems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

GSkill F3-12800CL6T2 works on Asus P6X58-E WS

Thanks for the quick reply,
      Just wanted to give an update on the build. GSkill recognized without any modification to the Asus P6X58-E WS BIOS. Memory works great. Included memory fan is quiet and pulls the heat away from the memory. The Xigmatek cooler pulls the heat to the rear of the case without changing CPU cooling. Very happy with the F3-12800CL6T2.

A side note: had issues getting the OCZ Revodrive x2 to be installed however it isn't OCZ's fault, Asus is getting worse and worse about updating their bios. Still having issues with the SATA III controller. Build is fast, cool and quiet.

Thanks again for the help.

Build
      Case: Fractal design Define XL
      PS: Antec HCP-1200
      MB: Asus P6X58-E WS
      CPU: I7 970
      Cooler: Xigmatek Gaia
      Mem: GSkill F3-12800CL6T2-12GBPIS
      Boot: OCZ Revodrive x2
      HDD: a few
      GPU: Radeon HD4770
      Last edited by NewBuildGS; 06-23-2011, 05:00 PM. Reason: update OS, GPU

Comment

Glad to hear the memory works well. That is a very nice performance kit.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X