This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl8d-8gbxm

ok those F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM have timing 8-8-8-24, can I run them at 9-9-9-24

thanks

Don't know why not (or why you'd want to --- @ 1600 anyway)....if you want to run 9-9-9-24/27 then you might want to kick them up to 1800/1866 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have problem this afternoon with my new MSI P67A-GD80‏ , when I put 4 stick of Skill F3-12800cl9q-16GBRL the computer was crashing at post, then I change the speed to 1333 and it boot, for be able to crank at 1600 I have to use XMP ( I know it?s the easiest way, but I was looking if this board have a problem or not) So on MSI forum, they explain me that I will be better to stick to the Intel recommendation of 1333 9-9-9-24, fin except that I need Blue Ram not Red, so I order the F3-12800cl8d-8gbxm, but the same guy on MSI told me that 8-8-8-24 at 1333 is not in the spec of Intel
      But I want those blue stick and anyway it?s already order. But this time I will have only 2 stick, so at auto setting in the bios can I expect them to work ? Or I will have to set them at 1333, 9-9-9-24

Thanks, and sorry I do my best in English ( not my native language )

Comment

XMP is the best way, so if they work at 1600 with XMP, write down the timings assigned , the voltage and the other system voltages also, then you can do manually if you so desire, and fall back to XMP, but that will give you working settings. MSI has been having issues across the board on their P67 mobos (all models) with power loop problems, voltage regulation and utilizing high performance DRAM, so they been 'working' on the problems, with slow success.

As far as the MSI forums...I recently joined there after experiencing problems with 3 different MSI mobos, to see if there was any input about the problems and timelines for fixes, while there, like here I've helped numerous others and gained quite a bit of insite to their forums, among them:

A) There is no MSI participation, don't even think they monitor the forums. - it's all members, including running of the forums from Admin, to moderators, et al i.e. I've come across numerous posts from Admin/mods saying 'THEY', the forums, don't support the MSI Control Panel software or the MSI Windows Flash Utility - because they are JUNK - don't think MSI would appreciate that from employees.

B) A number of the ones making the most posts (again Admin/Mods) don't really understand the 'REAL' world of computing - rather than help people, it appears to be a game with them to see who can put up the most posts - so, in order to do that, rather than go into helping people they fall back to telling people the CPUs are only rated to 1333 DRAM (which is the assigned rating, but only because that was the highest DRAM rated by JEDEC at the time)...if you find a post by the Admin, in his signature he even states not to ask questions if you have any OC in place.

C) Since I began posting there, I've had a number of their members come to me via email, since the people there have no idea what they are talking about.

If you want to have a little fun with them - let them know that the sticks themselves are designed specifically for the P67 chipset and ask tehm when they are going to fix the problems with high performance DRAM - and why they advertise the board to run DRAM up to 2133 if THEY aren't going to support it.

In the meantime, if you need further help, prob want to come here. Somebody's normally around ---- and the English looks pretty good to me, what's native - French?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, you just confirm what I tought, I build a lot of PC, and it's the first time I see a motherboard not boot on default setting, I will just use my plain G skill 2 *2 I have and give this build to my wife. I send you a PM for another question

you right about MSI board look at the reply when I ask about F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM with a new egg link

" In that link, this is spin doctoring at it's best; "Designed for Intel P67 motherboard" (custom designed for a brand X motherboard maybe?) "
          Last edited by lanboy; 06-05-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, I know who that was, he has a thing about thinking there's a conspiracy between some of the DRAM makers and some of the mobo makers i.e. in particular he saw a post where it was mentioned that GSkill was working with ASUS on their performance DRAM/BIOS problems....doesn't want to hear that GSkill is also working with, among others, MSI, he thinks they have it in for MSI....Think what happened is he got some sticks and couldn't get then to work and doesn't understand XMP so he just hates GSkill...the guy has no real computer background

You should be fine

Tman

Comment

We would like to work with all mobo makers, but some just don't respond or care as much as we do to take care of it ASAP. Then customers complain, and instead of saying they are working on a revision to support G.Skill modules, they say purchase something on the QVL or there is something wrong with the memory. Then we have to go to the mobo manufacturer and push/beg them to work with us so the bugs are fixed and our memory is perfectly compatible.

ASUS, for example, understands how things work, so they work closely with us for perfect compatibility, but oddly a lot times our latest memory is not on their QVL, so I find that mind boggling. At least they respond and address issues we have, whereas some other companies don't even care to recognize us.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

You now guy's I have quite few G-Skill stick of memories and 2 of your SSD, It's the first time I come here, actually not even with an issue with your products, and I must say that I will even be more confident to by G-Skill ,You take great care of G-Skill customers...

Comment

Unlike many DRAM and even mobo makers, one thing I like about GSkill, is that if there does appear to be a problem, they flat out say it and tell people to RMA it, to try and get customers up and running, others often blame every other component imaginable rather than there own product as you've experienced. I will say the guy 'coaching' you on the forums over there is an idiot, who knows very little about computers, telling you that enabling XMP is the worse thing you can do is unfathomable. There's a old boys network of people over there that like to play God and think everything they say should be taken as Gospel

Tman

Comment

Hey I saw someone with the same nick in my tread on the other place,

I'm sure you gone interested about my last reply (Dell)

Comment

Not just someone, that would be ME! Should have seen the posts they deleted on your thread, they are all big on this standards thing and only running 1333, so I took it to them and asked why they told you the worst you can do is enable XMP, then let them know that XMP is also an Intel Standard and pre-dates the SB design spec, also that XMP was pulled into the Sandy Bridge Design, they of course disagreed, even when I provided links from Intel backing it up, so I explained a few more facts to them that don't fit in with the stories they want to feed people.....in the end they deleted numerous posts and threatened to BAN me because I POed a 'lot of good people'...my argument back was simply I was providing facts...so for that they talk banning me, yet these 'good people' were slamming me, slamming DRAM makers, calling names, saying it's rubbish...all things against their rules....but the good ole boys will just keep feeding the junk to people. Gotta love it!

Saw your post, gotta love that too.......Why not buy a Dell? LOL! You left them speechless, no response in like over 6 hours and normally one of them over there is always ready to jump on a post and spread their (in their mind) wisdom
                      Last edited by Tradesman; 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM.

Tman

Comment

I just phone NewEgg they send me a UPS label and will issue me a full refund upons arrival of the MSI board , good service the eggs, I will go for the Maximus IV , Asus RMA are in Canada, so more easy, all true I have never use their RMA

before I remove the label

after

Last edited by lanboy; 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Probably...or they just put a new sticker on, if they replaced the chipset can prob see it with some slightly off soldering, more than likely a returned board.....which if that;s the case should never have been sold at full retail as new....they may have, in effect just rebranded old boards and sent them to the Egg as new B3 mobos.

Tman

Comment

hard to see for the chip replacement, it's under the heatsink, but I do notice a winding, a pitch noise , and when I place my finger on the p67 chipset it stop. But it may be related to the EuP 2013

Comment

I think you'll be happy with the Max, keep us updated on how things go with the new board, the DRAM will be the same, same....enable XMP set the speed and should be off and running.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X