Browers crashes, F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ and HP 4520s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browers crashes, F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ and HP 4520s

Hi I think I may have bought the wrong memory for my Laptop. I have a I3 350m HP 4520s laptop model WH288UT#ABA. I bought 8GB set F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ memory. When I put the memory in the Laptop the laptop runs, however Windows 7 Pro 64 bit did give a blue screen crash once, however most of the time Firefox and IE crash about 3 times a hour. So do a few other programs. At first I though it was a flash or firefox problem, as I did upgrade to a newer FF. However I did everything up too a clean install of window 7 Pro 64 bit and Firefox in safe mode and the crashes still happen. So I removed the new memory and put back the two 2GB sticks I start with and all the problems went away.

One thing to note, I use 3 different programs to check the memory, some running for a day and all said memory was fine. A friend said maybe I should have bought this F3-10666CL9D-8GBSQ as it is PC 10666 memory.

So did I buy the wrong memory?

I almost forgot the current memory in it is rmt1970ed48e8f1333
    Last edited by dino1; 06-03-2011, 04:46 PM.

Don't want to leave you hanging, but thought I'd let you know Gskill will be back on Monday, I'll try and check/see if I can find anything, but I don't work with laptops that much, could check your BIOS and see if there's much you can make in the way of adjustments, i.e. timings, voltages, etc....if so we might be able to figure something to get them to run smoothly

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea thanks for the reply. I just cant figure out why I get the errors. The memory tests fine. But it has to be the memory as with it removed the laptop runs great. So hopeful they can tell me if I bought the right memory

Comment

Did you test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yea I tested each stick by itself and they test fine I also swapped memory slot to make sure it wasn't a slot problem. The memory alway passed memory tests. Another thing that happens when I have the F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ memory in, when I walk away and come back the laptop wakes up and the video is a little mess up. I hit the refresh button and the problem goes away.

Does one know if this is the correct memory for my I3 350m HP 4520s laptop?

When I have the memory in the laptop runs it at these setting.

Memory Frequency 532.1 MHz (4:16)
          CAS# latency (CL) 8.0
          RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 8
          RAS# Precharge (tRP) 8
          Cycle Time (tRAS) 20
          Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 60

Dont know if maybe thats a bad setting for this memory as I though it was suppose to run at 9-9-9-24 Bios on this laptop as far as I can see has no way to change timing
          Last edited by dino1; 06-06-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Spec on those is 9-9-9-24, is there a newer BIOS you could flash? Can yo adjust the timings?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the latest firmware bios. But the bios is a joke in this HP laptop. cant do nothing to mess with timing, seems to be automatic

Comment

That's the way most are, maybe GSkill will have an idea or might try contacting HP

Tman

Comment

You should use the F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ model instead. That should have the right timing and frequency for your computer.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

I got a rma from newegg and bought the one you listed today. Will post how it turns out

thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                    X