Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is exactly the product im looking for, but it isnt sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is exactly the product im looking for, but it isnt sold?

ideally, i would like a set of 16gb, very fast ram. I am yet to find it until now. Usually other brands make 16gb with very slow latencies or frequencies, but today i have found this kit - which seems to be precisely what i am looking for. not only fast latency and really high frequency, but sold in a 16gb kit so they are guaranteed to work with each other.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=376

however, i tried searching for these everywhere and i cannot find them - i am in the uk. no one is stocking them.

i then thought, ill try searching for the 8gb of the same kit

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=375

but no one in the uk is stocking these either. Is this memory not sold in the uk?

so if you magically find me a solution, i have some questions before i buy this ram.

will all of the 16gb definitely work at stated speed?
    will this work with my motherboard, it says it is tested with a p8p67 deluxe, however i have the pro version.
    If it does not work, will i be able to rma this, even though i have the pro motherboard and not the deluxe?

also, another question, if for example for some reason i dont get the mentioned ram, be it, it isnt sold in the uk or it is too expensive (im guessing it will be about ?350 for the 16gb? - i dont know because it isnt sold) then what alterative ram kit would you recommend?

my system i plan to build is as follows - components not listed i allready have from my previous build:

i7 2600k
    asus p8p67 pro
    *whatever ram you think is best*
    corsair h70 cooler

so yeah, after you have answered my first post, could you please tell me if the ram i chose would be good for my build, or if there is one you think would be better?

finally, i am wondering if i can buy an 8gb kit in 2x4gb set, and then upgrade to another of those kits if i find i need more? not only would this allow me to accumulate more funds (im only 17 lol) but simply to judge whether i really would use that much. People say, you shouldnt buy seperate ram kits it will be unstable etc. do you agree with this? and how likely is it that two of the same ram kits will be unstable?

thanks for answers

Comment

Pro model is the same, that 16GB kit and any RipJaws X series kit can work fine with that motherboard. Many UK places do not stock it because they think buyers don't want high performance memory. So that is a problem.

The RAM you chose is a good kit. Any 16GB RipJaws X series is very good.

As far as using two kits, it is possible that they are not fully compatible. Some people have this problem, so it is best to avoid it. But 16GB is very difficult to find sometimes in other countries, so you may need to try two 8GB kits. Make sure the place you buy it from has a good exchange/return policy.

Did you check our website for your nearest dealers? You can also ask to see if they can order it for you.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks for the reply. Today while browsing through your site again, i noticed there are actually more than 1 page on some of the product pages, and i came across this:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=371

what's more, it is in stock in the uk, and has also won an award.
        i have some questions:

1)in contrast to my prevoius post stating id get the corsair h70, i feel the noctua nh-d14 would be a better choice, as apparently it cools much better. However this is very big. Will this ram fit under it?

2)in relation to the above point, obviously i will not be able to use the ram cooler in conjunction with my large cpu cooler, it simply will not fit. Will the ram still be able to run at this speed? My case is an antec 1200, so it has a fair amount of airflow. I know many people who do not use their ram coolers which come with their ram, and it is still able to run fine.

edit: after reading a review on the 8gb kit, some people commented saying it would fit under the nh-d14, but i think this was without the ram fan. So could you confirm whether the fan is needed to reach the claimed specification. thanks.
        Last edited by j4mi3; 06-04-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I don't believe the fans are required, but GSkill would have to make the call, they should be back Monday. I've posts where people haven't used the fans, due to the same as you mention, an oversize cooler, with no ill effects.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

haaaannngggg on a second, this thread here

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7716

another person was inquiring whether they would be stable on the p8p67 at rated speed, g-skill only guarantees 2 dimms to be stable? whats the point in that why would they sell it as a 16gb kit if they think it might not work?

so there's a chance that this ram will not work when im using all of it..lol? surely if you are selling a kit you would guarantee that all the dims will work?

Comment

It's two dimms in a two dimm set, if you buy the actual 4 dimm set then they should be good to go - GSkill guarantees the sticks to work together by the set you buy, not often but sometimes if you takes two sets 2x2GB or 2x3GB and mix them w/ another of the same model, they may not play together, which is why they suggest buying all you think you'll need at once rather than 4 or 8 GB now and then figure to add another 4 or 8 in the future.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X