• P8P67 Deluxe, Ripjaws X, Voltage

Hello,

I have:

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1600Mhz F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
    Core i7 2600K
    All BIOS settings are default.

Issue 1:
    I noticed that in the BIOS the DRAM Voltage is set to AUTO, but appears as 1.65 V. In the SPD screen, it shows that each module likes 1.5 V and that's what I expected when I bought it. Is the motherboard trying to second guess the SPD? If I set it to 1.5 could that lead to instability? I'm worried that 1.65 will shorten the life of the CPU. If I ran the memory at 1333Mhz, would that be more likely to work at 1.5 Volt.

Issue 2:
    I got memory errors a couple of days ago (which corrupted my hard drive). I diagnosed the error with memtest and resolved it by reseating the memory although it was not obvious to me that the memory popped out. When the errors took place, I shut down 5 times and reran the test without taking out memory. Each time the error showed up at the same address (at around 5GB) and bit. Could poorly seated memory cause an error at exactly same bit? Obviously there is no electrical contact just for that one bit so why did it fail in the same spot 5 times? That seemed so unbelievable to me that I wondered if perhaps heat was pushing it over the edge? I saw no evidence that the memory popped out. The memory could only pop out due to me moving the case on the floor, laying it flat, etc.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bzdev; 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM.

Just manually set DRAM voltage to 1.50V

As far as memtest failures, consistent errors can happen due to bad installation, but who knows, it could have been something else causing it, I don't know.

For this hardware combination, you should try enabling XMP profile in UEFI.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you.

I changed "A.I. Overclock Tuner" from Auto to X.M.P and 1.50 appeared in the "DRAM Voltage" field.

Comment

Should be good to go, let us know if any other problems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X