Help! MSI P67a-GD55 (B3) / F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! MSI P67a-GD55 (B3) / F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL

This is my first post, so please go easy on me.

I recently build a system with the title motherboard and RAM, and am unable to get the RAM stable at the spec'ed settings. The most notable issue occurs when trying to wake the PC from sleep mode -- it results in a power loop that requires a CMOS clear.

The RAM is rated @ DDR3-2133 w/ 9-11-9-28. Enabling XMP on the MB, or even setting these specs manually causes the power loop problem.

With that being said, if I run the RAM @ 1600 instead of 2133, I don't seem to have the wake issue. But I obviously expect the RAM to meet manufacturer recommended specs.

I did flash the MB bios to the newest 1.B build hoping it would solve the problem, but to no avail.

Any help / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I did see the sticky regarding MSI P67 boards, but I am new at this and could use a dumbing down if possible.
    Last edited by xTRYANx; 05-29-2011, 07:14 PM.

Do you have an OC at all? These mobos are screwy with voltage settings, I just had one I RMAed for the infinite power loop problem, the second I got working but for CPU and CPU IO it requires far higher voltage than it should. It too, is going back and being replaced with a different brand as basically all their P67 boards seem to have loop problems here and there, if you happen to get a 'Good' mobo, seems to be hit or miss, would guess you'd be okay.

Generally w/ mobos that have voltage regulation issues such as these run into problems with sleep mode, BSOD if they have power savings enabled etc

What you could do possibly, is set them up as fast as you can, say maybe 1866 at stock settings, and if stable, turn off, hit the OC genie button, boot and go into BIOS....see what it sets voltages too i.e. DRAM, CPU and CPU IO then after noting the settings, turn the box off, hit OC Genie again to turn it off, which should return you to base settings (hopefully), then go back to BIOS and turn on XMP, set it to 2133, and set CPU IO to what the OC Genie had it at, set CPU to maybe 1.3, set DRAM to what the Genie had it at (unless it was outrageous, like 1.7 or more) and boot up...then if all is stable, start reducing voltages, I'd start with the CPU maybe down to 1.28, if ok, then drop CPU IO may .03/.04 at a time and or drop DRAM .01 or .02 at a time..........

Wish I could be more precise all told I've had these two and worked with 1 other (a client) and the voltages set/required have all been different for even base settings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I tried all of your steps, set to 1866 (no sleep issue), noted OC Genie settings, turned off OC Genie, manually set voltages at 2133, and still having similar issues. Just out of curiosity, I ran Prime95 @ 1600 and the system crashed overnight.

I requested an RMA through NewEgg, and ordered a set of Corsair Vengence to replace. Hopefully I'll have better luck with those sticks.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well, good luck w/ the Corsair, hope it's not the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just thought I would provide some closure. I slapped the two sticks of Corsair into the machine and it has worked perfectly. Even stable w/ a 2500k @ 4.8

The G.Skill memory and MSI P67 boards just don't get along with each other I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yep, they have problems with a lot of high performance DRAM and they are working on it, but seems most of their resources are aimed at the power loop problems their P67 mobos have had, be glad you didn't get one of the problem children

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X