Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB F3 12800 CL7 on Asus Maximus Formula III

I need help.

I have two Kits of Gskill Ripjaws (F3 12800 CL7 ? 2GBRM) of together 8GB installed on a Motherboard from ASUS (Intel P55 / Asus Maximus Formula III) with Intel I7 875K.

I can?t overclock the RAMs. With a lot of settings I get everytime Freezes and BSOD.

Only with the BIOS set the Modules on Timings 9-9-9-27 Frequency on 668,4 not 800 (1600 MHz) it is relative stable.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem.

Do yo have the latest BIOS? and have you tried enabling XMP and setting to 1600?
    Last edited by Tradesman; 05-29-2011, 10:16 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman,

thanks for your reply.

Yes. I have the latest BIOS Rev. (2104). I have also tried every known settings (Auto-Overclock, XMP-Settings, Settings manual).

As long the settings for the RAMs stay on Auto everythings work but still on timings 9 and 1333MHz.

My System is watercooled. My CPU is running with 4,2 GHz with 39 celsius on idle and 62 under Prime-Test / Full.

I have no more idea how to get best performance on RAM...

Comment

Okay sounds like 2 sets of 2x2GB F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, the blue ones?

Set your timings to 7-8-7-24 2T (or 2N if it uses N (N/T are interchangeable)), set frequency to 1600 or 800 and DRAM voltage to 1.7 then try that. (May need the extra voltage since it's 4 sticks and they weren't tested together as would be a 4x4GB set)

If no go, then would need to raise the Memory Controller voltage maybe .05

If still no go, can try 8-8-8-24 2T 1.7 at 1600, here we're trying looser timing to get the sets to work together.

If that doesn't work will want to test each stick individually with memtest to ensure you don't have a bad stick.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

thank you for trying to help.

All your ideas haven't worked.

Is it possible, that 2 4GB Kits of the same RAM doesn't work together?

Do you think, if i change to a 8GB Kit, it will solve my problems?

I need the best GSkill RAM Kit for:
          -Video editing
          -Video rendering
          -Games

For my setup:
          -i7 875k
          -Asus Maximus Formula III
          -Overclocked (to 4.2 GHz) and watercooled

If you think that'll be, wich kit?

-2x4 GB
          http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a583614.html
          or
          http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a606016.html

-4x2 GB
          http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a604291.html
          or
          http://geizhals.at/deutschland/a486980.html

I'm afraid to buy the incorrect RAMs a second time....

Comment

by the way: I don't have the Kits with ....CL7 "D" -> there's no "D" in the Product-Number...

Comment

Interesting - the 'D' I mean, it's part of the model # and indicates Dual or a 2 stick set....anyway, the 2x4GB would be better, either the Ripjaws or RipjawsX should work fine, and with only 2 sticks, less stress on the MC and still open for expansion

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much. I've just ordered it yet. I took the Ripjaw-X and hope, that the newer one still work fine with my board with Intel P55.

The old ones I'll sell on eBay.

Thank you!

Comment

Wish we could have something a little more cost effective...let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

Hey Tman,

now it's really more stable. I got another BSOD yesterday, but I think that's because of my last overclock-settings.

the new 2 drams (G.Skill 2x4 GB RipjawX CL7) are perfect for my board and setup. only the costs makes me sad.

but, thank you very much for your help.

if anyone will have the same problems: change 4xX GB to 2xX and it'll be much better!

j

Comment

Working...
                    X