X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD4 and GSKILL Snipers dont work in dual channel

Hi

I have a Gigabyte P67A-UD4-b3 and G skill Snipers CL9 1.25v

I cant seem to run the memory in dual channel. The sticks work fine on their own or in the same channel (i.e slot 3 and 4). But whenever I try in dual channel (slot 2 and 4) the computer starts up for 1 second then turns off straight away. Does anyone know the problem?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried slots 1-3? quick stuff out of the way......now which Sniper set do you have? 1333, 1600, 1866? The 1.5 or the 1.25 sticks? Are you using XMP or manual setup? Also which CPU and speed?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS?
      Yes F4

Have you tried slots 1-3?
      Yes, same result

which Sniper set do you have? 1333, 1600, 1866? The 1.5 or the 1.25 sticks?
      1.25 1600

Are you using XMP or manual setup?
      When I run dual channel I cant get to bios so i cant choose. with one stick i dont have xmp enabled

Also which CPU and speed?
      i5 2500k default speed

Comment

To me,sounds like the mobo or a bad stick, can try running Memtest on each stick individually to see if they show any errors to indicate a bad stick, if none then it leans more to the mobo. First try bumping the CPU voltage to about 1.22 , 1.23 or so. If at stock (3.3) voltage should currently be in the vicinity of 1.19 1.21 or so. Next would be to raise your Memory Controller voltage (don't remember how GB shows it in the BIOS, CPU/IO or something like that, will check when I get back to the computer in a couple hours or so)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How do I increase memory voltage when i dont get a chance to get to bios? If i change the voltage while i have them installed individually, will it retain its voltage in dual channel?

Also I have overclocked the cpu to 4.5ghz and the voltage is around 1.3. but this problem occurred at stock speed and voltage anyway

Comment

Yes it should, and at 4.5 w/ voltage at 1.3, may be a bit low, might try 1.35 or so and if all good there, lower it gradually....they say 1.4 is tops, but there's a safety amount above that so in the 1.3? area is fine

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X