Need help running F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL x2 at 1600Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help running F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL x2 at 1600Mhz

Been having issues trying to run 24gb's of this ram at normal 1600Mhz. I can get my PC to boot up and become stable for a good 2 hours before getting a BSOD. Any further help would be appreciated. I have an ASUS Rampage III Formula.

With two sets may need to increase DRAM Voltage a tad (maybe +.03) and possibly also + .05 to the MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Kind of confused here.

I have QPI/DRAM Core Voltage and DRAM Bus Voltage. Which one is the ram voltage. Also sorry for being a noob but whats MC?

Comment

MC is Memory Controller, Dram Bus Voltage is what you want to raise a tad along with QPI DRAM in small increments

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've tried both in increments and everytime it fails to post.
          If I set either or to auto, both end up being overly ocked.

The first and only time I got it to boot was setting QPI DRAM at 1.5, then at which the Bus Voltage was set way to high at 1.799
          I even set everything to auto, unincluding timings, and the Bus Voltage was still set too high.

Need some help please.

Comment

Have you run Memtest on each stick individually to see if you have a bad stick?

Tman

Comment

Yes I've tried that because I had the issue of my motherboard only detecting 6gb of ram when I built the machine. So I put each stick in manually then finally booted up recognizing all 24.

Comment

The two sets, may just not want to play nice with each other, GSkill should be in Tues, may have a better slant on it, otherwise, it's sort of just experiment w/ voltages - could google it and see if you find someone else similar w/ 24GB, they may list their settings

Tman

Comment

Try DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V.

DRAM Bus Voltage is 1.50V, not QPI/DRAM Core Voltage. If you set QPI to 1.50V, that is just more/bigger problems.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

FINALLY got it to work. One thing that I realized in a post I read is that when XMP is enabled that the default tRFC when set to auto is 86 in which it wont boot up right.

Manually set all timings like normally, then set the tRFC to 88.
                    Bumped QPI to 1.25

and walaa, I got the ram to run 24/7 so far with no errors or BSOD's
                    That kind of information should be included with the ram. Of course its prolly not you guys fault, but with XMP not everything is set correctly. That could also be the motherboards fault, not the XMP on the ram.

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully this will help with anyone else who experiences this issue.
                    Last edited by Punisher12; 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the input, am sure it will indeed help others, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X