X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK 890GX EXTREME3 with F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL Blue Screens,no responses

hello,I got a new computer just 2 months ago.it is:
    AMD 955BE
    ASROCK 890GX EXTREME3(bios version is the most current P2.5)
    F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
    galaxy GTX460 1G SuperOC
    CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 500(real output 460W)
    it can never run stably, either oced to
    cpu frequency multiplier 18.5(3.7G) @1.435
    ddr3 1600 9-9-9-24 @1.54v(there is no 1.5v choice,just 1.477v or 1.541v)
    or all setted auto
    namely cpu3.2G, RAM 1333 9-9-9-24.
    I tried set following the sticky thread step by step,however obviously it can not run normaly, beacause the cpu reach 3.8G+.even adapt cpu to 3.6 by decreasing multiplier,it would not work stably.
    there are much less problem when i set all bios choices to auto, but it went to blue screens ,no responses sometimes yet.

the blue screen codes mostly like: 3b,0a,7e...
    sometimes it can not boot after crash, the debug led on the motherboard mostly says:
    D5 Bootblock code is copied from ROM to lower system memory and control is given to it. BIOS now executes out of RAM.
    D0 Go to flat mode with 4GB limit and GA20 enabled. Verify the bootblock checksum.
    2A Initializes different devices through DIM.See DIM Code Checkpoints section of document for more information.
    38 Initializes different devices through DIM.
    press the reset more times or trun off the supply and wait for a moment;it will boot.
    it crash most when i work with opera, office2007, vs2010 or so.it didn't break down when i play 3d games like F3Secu, dirt3. It go no response serval times, even while i'm setting bios.
    what should i do? are there any compatible problems between the ram and the motherboard? or Gskill do not work well with amd platform? Thank you very much. sorry for my poor english...
    Last edited by vvwmnn; 05-28-2011, 04:49 AM.

Command Rate may be at 1N(T) should be at 2N(T), may have to raise CPU/NB appr.05 to .1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it is at 2t. when i say auto,i mean i change nothing in ram. and i know the defalut nb vol for 955be is 1.1, i tried 1.1650. it seems no help; should i set it to 1.2v?

Comment

May want to try 1.25 / 1.26 then if it gets stable, try dropping .01 at a time while maintaing stability (cumbersome I know, but within safe ranges)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you, i will try and report.
          cumbersome it is not,but it become when working with a doc or programming and it break down.

Comment

Know the feeling all to well, have had it happen with a couple systems at a time........real fun starts when a LAN drops all it's nodes and they depend on a server based app

Tman

Comment

yesterday, i tried as what you said. actually i didn't success because as soon as i entered bios setting it crashed. at last, with NB @1.25v it showed no mercy.
              I spent the whole afternoon to dismantle the computer. the harvest, if it can be considered, is that i found some cpu grease on the motherboard covering the circuit. I removed it and fixed the pc. Surprised i found it ran stably till now and it works @1600 too.
              so no matter what's wrong with it before, it now works and seems great .
              Now it seems the quality of Gskill is guaranteed.
              thanks for ur help!

Comment

Thermal compound touching circuit traces or on the CPU, in the socket, etc can cause problems, glad you got it straightened out.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X