ASUS z68 Board and ECO RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS z68 Board and ECO RAM

I am doing a new build with an ASUS P8Z68-Pro board and an i5 2500K processor.

Based on the published ASUS compatibility chart, I purchased:
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

However, i am debating going ECO. ASUS claims support for this for the board:
    F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO

However, I would prefer to buy this but it is not on the compatibility list (it is low profile, eco, and great timings... seems like a great choice to me :-):
    F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO

Two questions I have:
    1. do you think the F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO will work in my mobo?
    2. what is the value statement for the NQ series in general (i.e. what makes it NQ).

Thanks!

For that motherboard, a RipJaws X kit is recommended.

1. Yes, it should.
    2. I don't know exactly, but I know Q is Queen.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks GSKILL TECH... one question though... why would the RipJaws X kit be preferred? From what I can tell:

o ECO is cheaper
      o ECO runs at lower voltage (less heat.. I am a quiet PC type and less power helps)
      o ECO is lower profile (easier clearance, especially for fancy CPU coolers)

It seems like ECO is simply a better solution. What makes RipJaws X preferable? I have never bought G.Skill before, and thanks for the great support so far. :-)

Comment

The RipjawsX were designed specifically for the P67 chipset family (1155 socket) which includes P67, H67, and also....you guessed it the Z68 which basically combines the capabilities of the P67 and H67 in the 1155 socket set.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ECO was designed P55, and although theoretically it should work, it is not fully optimized for P67.

As Tman stated, RipJaws X is fully optimized for P67 for max performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello!

It should work because it's now on the memory compatibility list.
            ASUS P8Z68-V PRO memory list (global ASUS server)
            or see this sample from the pdf (ads free)

Also this person confirms it
            http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...t.html#reviews

The list says that it works in all RAM slots, does that mean I can run 4x4GB with same speed and timings, or am I to except issue with that configuration?

I'm gonna get 2x4GB and 4x4GB of F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO for two motherboards.
            On one I'm gonna add Intel i7 2600k (4x4GB) and on the other Intel i3 2100T, can Intel Core i3 2100T handle 1600MHz (F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO) or is Intel Core i5 2500T a better choice?
            Last edited by Ironholder; 06-06-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Should be fine w/ the DRAM. on the 2nd box the 2100T can carry 8GB...the 2nd CPU, the 2500T will also, or might hold off a bit or go for the unlocked 2500K, it's a bit more, but unlocked, can easy run 4.6 on an decent entry level board.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My concern is not if 2100T will run with 8GB but if it can run with 1600MHz RAM.
                It was easier before, FSB 1600MHz and now it's new with 5 000 MT/s.
                How does this work, whats the real FSB if it's 5000 MT/s ?

On the 8GB PC I don't need a power PC, it's for my mother and sister but I want it to be future safe, a few years at least.
                The reason I want i3 2100T and i5 2500T is because of low power consumption and built-in graphics. I have no interest to overclock this PC, want to keep it on auto.

On Intel site it says "Memory Types - DDR3-1066/1333" for all CPU's even i7 2600k, does this mean each channel is 1333MHz?
                Last edited by Ironholder; 06-06-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

For the i3, you will need to stick with DDR3-1333. Otherwise you need to try overclocking to reach DDR3-1600.

Only K series Intel CPUs can support unlimited ratios for easier overclocking.

So if you do not purchase K series, DDR3-1333 is best.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi a question related to z68. In particular about p8z68-v. I'm goingo to buy asus p8z68-v and [ Ripjaws-X ] F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM but in the compatibily list there are the models PRO and DELUXE of that main board and not the "plan" model is it possible F3-14900CL8D are NOT compatible with that main board???

Comment

The RipjawsX are designed for the P67, the Z68 is but a derivative of it, as is the H67.

Tman

Comment

i know but my question is if it is possible you can find Ripjaws-X F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM on the compatibily list of the p8z68 PRO and DELUXE and you can't find the in the list of p8z68. If possible which model of g.skill do you reccommend? I'm looking for a low latency ram and easy for overclocking.
                        Last edited by Gohan; 06-07-2011, 07:08 AM. Reason: missin question

Comment

All RipJaws X will be compatible. I recommend the G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            For the i3, you will need to stick with DDR3-1333. Otherwise you need to try overclocking to reach DDR3-1600.

Only K series Intel CPUs can support unlimited ratios for easier overclocking.

So if you do not purchase K series, DDR3-1333 is best.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH
                            The price is similar for 8GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 CL8 and 8GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1333 CL7.
                            Will 8GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 CL8 run at 1333 MHz CL7?
                            Does one need to lower the voltage even more or do these run at 1.35 even at 1333MHz?
                            I think it's more future safe to buy 8GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 CL8 if this is the case...

Comment

The X series is designed for the P67 and variants (H67 and Z68), as mentioned above though keep in mind the faster sticks do best with the K series CPUs as they are unlocked

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X