No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL detected as 1333mhz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL detected as 1333mhz.

Hi,

Is there a compatibility issue with F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ram and an ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 motherboards?

My brother and I have each have the same motherboards and ram and one set of ram is auto detected as 1333mhz, the other as 1600mhz regardless of which board it is installed in.

Thanks.

One has standard 1600 profile, the other does not. Doesn't matter, set them to XMP in BIOS and both will operate to specification.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Motherboard still tells me it's running at 1333mhz when set to XMP.

However CPU-Z shows this info:

WHich I am assuming is correct yes?

Comment

CPU-Z is what I'd go with...do you have the latest BIOS for your ASUS mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, but that's after having to manually set it to 1600mhz, with XMP turned on it still defaults to 1333mhz if set to auto.

BIOS is the latest version.

Comment

Auto will default to the BIOS/mobo standard...looks like here, 1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Then why does it default to 1600 with the other set of supposedly identical ram?

Comment

Where do you see the motherboard running DDR3-1333?

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

POST and BIOS setup. I have to set it to run 1600mhz manually else it defaults to 1333mhz, want some photos?

Comment

Just use manual settings if that seems to be best.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm not confident that the memory is 1600mhz, thats why I'm here, is that not obvious?

Comment

Well if you are using it manually at DDR3-1600, it must be DDR3-1600..

A DDR3-1333 stick is not going to achieve that..

As I explained already, you simply have a kit that has standard 800MHz profile, and the other does not. Different batches of memory, but the end result is the same since they are both made for DDR3-1600 (XMP)

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Not sure I'm happy with that to be honest, why does it not have an 800mhz profile? It'll certainly affect any resale value if systems keep thinking it's 1333mhz ram.

Comment

You could contact your retailer/e-tailer and exchange them - let them know it keeps coming up 1333 and the other set 1600, let them know your not happy about it

Tman

Comment

That is the JEDEC standard. It is NOT suppose to have an 800MHz standard profile. Resale value? There's lifetime warranty, the owner can easily get a new kit any time. 1, 2, 5 years from now..

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X