F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ & Toshiba laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ & Toshiba laptop

Have a 3 week old Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5120 (purchased at Staples). Just received a GSkill 8Gb (2x4Gb) kit (kit # F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ DDR3-1066 PC3-8500 CL7-7-7-20). The system will not boot into Windows 7 with either or both of the memory modules installed. They show as 8Gb in the BIOS, but when trying to boot into Windows I just get a static cursor in the upper left corner.

Put the factory original Kingston 4Gb (2x2Gb) modules back in and it boots up fine. Are the GSkill DDR3-1066 not compatible? BIOS version is 1.60, Athlon II P-340 2.2Ghz , 320Gb Toshiba SATA HDD.

Sam

Do you have the latest BIOS? Sounds like it may require high density memory (4 chips on each side)

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No newer bios is on Toshiba's site. And the kingston memory has 8 chips per side.

Sam

Comment

Can you adjust the timings . voltage etc in the BIOS. Took a quick look and it seems it calls for 10600 DRAM which is 1333 your 8500 is 1066,,, with your CL7 CAS, if you can adjust could try 1333 at CL8 or CL9 (though prob a big if, most laptops offer very little as far as adjusting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well according to Toshiba's site in the accessories for my laptop it says the memory is DDR3-1066, PC3-8500. I returned the Gskill, Toshiba offers their own brand and Kingston on their site, so maybe I'll try a Kingston set.

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X