ASRock Z68 Pro3 No Boot with 2 Sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Pro3 No Boot with 2 Sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have an ASRock Z68 Pro3 motherboard, i5-2500K processor and G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL RAM. The computer will not boot at all when I install both sticks of RAM. However, the computer will boot and seems to run just fine when I install either of the sticks of RAM individually. The bios defaults to running 1.545 volts at 9-9-9-28 1N. I have tweaked the voltage up and down a little, and tried setting the timing at 9-9-9-24 2N, but without success. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Rob

Have you tested each stick with Memtest to make sure both sticks are good?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have run memtest on each stick individually, and they both test fine. In addition, when I place the two sticks in the A1 and A2 slots (a blue slot and a white slot), they pass memtest together. Any time a stick is in the B1 or B2 slots, the computer fails to boot. Any suggestions, or is this likely to be a motherboard problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Could try cleaning the contacts and also the slots in B1 and B2, but sounds like either mobo or CPU....check CPU and make sure no thermal compound seeped to the bottom of the CPU or into the socket.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the help. The motherboard is on its way back.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

I received a replacement motherboard and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

No problem, how do you like it, been looking at that one a bit

Tman

Comment

It's a great value board. I seriously considered the boards in the $200 range, but ultimately decided that this board had everything that I needed and that I would be happier putting the $70 difference into a larger SSD.

Comment

Good thinking, enjoy!

Tman

Comment

I'm having a similar issue on an ASROCK P67 PRO3 BIOS V 2.00 with G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL.

Individually they work and when they are put in the single channel mode they work. I've tried forcing the memory to the proper timings and still it will not work in Dual channel mode.

Comment

I ended up needing a replacement motherboard to clear up the problem.

Good luck.

Rob

Comment

Yep, most of the time if single channel works and not dual channel, it is the mobo.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X