Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution Rev 3.0 and F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD

Hello,

I am planning on combining the above mentioned two components. As a processor I am planning to buy a Core i7-2600K.

Will I be able to run the memory at XMP 2133 with this board?
    And if so, are there any manual voltage changes I have to make?

Thanks in advance for any reply!
    Last edited by Babycakes; 05-14-2011, 06:49 AM.

I have had problems with the 8gb kit and my WS Revolution. Waiting on a reply from G Skill though. Just be wary.

-SF

Comment

You'll want the latest BIOS, and still might need to do some manual tweaking (OC and voltages), sort of depends on the mobo you rec'd, some will take the sticks better than others of the same model

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman!

But solidforce's experience really makes me wary though I already have my share of experience with ASUS' MemOK! button in combination with factory BIOS.

B.

Comment

With DRAM 2000 and up, it just depends on a lot of things, one thing I point out to clients that want the fastest is to look at the QVL for the mobo, while the boards may be advertised up 2133 or 2200 and say 16GB of DRAM you often won't find ANY (or very few) sticks on the list on then generally as a single stick of 1-2GB, you also will seldom find any 16GB sets, except maybe 1066 or 1333. With the Revolution, I've seen a few posts here and there where they are running 16GB or 2133, some were almost plug and play, others required fine tuning.

You have the right approach to get a full 16GB set as opposed to many that get 2 8GB sets which would be harder as the two sets weren't tested to work together. If problems do come up you can also drop the speed (say to 2000) and tighten the timings up to get the same (+/-) performance as stock 2133

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Should work without a problem. Any RipJaws X series should work flawlessly with a P67 chipset. The memOK button is no good, you should never use that.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X