Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios settings for DDR3 1600

I have a GA-890GPA-UD3H with 4 GB 12800CL8D-4GBXM

I have been having BSOD issues with both sticks installed....It runs fine with just 1 installed....I raised the Voltage to 1.55 I have not yet tested the memory....

As far as the bios settings, I read somewhere that the stock speed settings should be @ 1333???

Mine is at 1600....It just defaulted that way....

Is this correct for the 1333 speed?

Depends on the BIOS, and how the system is configured, might try a slight CPU/NB voltage increase

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK... 1600 is considered overclocked??? Right???

According to the sticky, to achieve 1600, I need to set the clock to 1333, and increase the CPU host/bus to 240....

So mine is just set to 1600, should i try to back it down to 1333??

Comment

Some boards will allow you to set 1600 with the default CPU bus clock (200 MHz).
        This is considered a non-overclock, since the bios allows for 1600.
        Other boards will default to 1333 with the CPU bus clock at 200MHz.
        So, they would have to increase (overclock) the CPU bus clock to achieve 1600.

With your CPU bus clock at default (200MHz), do you have the bios option to set your memory to 1600MHz?
        AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
        Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
        ASUS Crosshair V Formula
        2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
        SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
        Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
        Corsair HX850W Modular
        Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
        2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

It does, but the system will not be stable. The method in the guide is the best whether you plan to overclock or not. If you do not want to overclock, simply reduce CPU Ratio and it will be just like default.

By setting the DRAM Frequency and memory ratio to DDR3-1600 (1:4), you also need to change the CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz, and possibly raise the CPU-NB Voltage. It gets a little more tricky, which is why we suggest the method in the guide.

Some can default to DDR3-1600, but it will be unstable. For this reason, either way, we suggest using the guide and you should have no problems.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X