Ram stopped working..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram stopped working..

Hey not sure this is where I should post but I bought a pair of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR.
    They were working fine until randomly 1 one of the sticks stopped working..
    I'm using a crosshair iv formula mobo, 1100t cpu.
    My working ram is put into the 1st slot but when I put the 2nd ram into the 3rd it doesn't work.
    I've tried to put it on other slots and still doesn't work..
    What are some solutions please help, as I'm leaving the country very soon and shipping it back to newegg would take to long. Thank you

Will the 'bad' stick work by itself in slot 1? If no then it's prob bad and will want to return/exchange. If it works in slot1, try the other stick in 3. If problems with the 'good' stick in three then it's prob the mobo, could try using compressed air to blow out the slots and try again. Can also try cleaning the gold contacts on the stick w/ rubbing alcohol. If going out of country might contact the Egg and ask about an expedited exhange, i.e. cross-ship, or order a new set and ask for expedited refund (note: best bet would be by phone), they generally will work with you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X