Crosshair iv Formula memory upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair iv Formula memory upgrade

I am currently running a Crosshair iv formula mobo with a 1090t cpu and 4gb of F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH. I need to upgrade to 8gb however i am not sure which gskill kit to buy. I call canada computers and they told me that gskill has a new series, ripjaw x and that the older series ripjaws will no longer be available. I want to get the fastest possible memory that will work well with my system and was wondering if anyone had any sugestions.

The new RipjawX are geared towards the P67, but the regular Ripjaws are still available and will be as far as I know, NewEgg currently has the F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH sets in stock at $54.99

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have also heard that filling all the ram slots may put too much stress on the mobo? If that is the case, which set of 2x4gb ripjaws should i consider?

Comment

With the 1090T filling all 4 isn't quite the issue it has been with previous AMD CPU's, the problem has (and is) a weak MC (memory controller) in the CPU, even still though going 2x4GB is a better choice so you can add in the future. With your combo and not knowing your budget, I'd go the fastest set at the lowest CL. I think I'd start looking at 1600 sets, there are a number of them in the +/- $100 range. The F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM is a buck, as is the F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM, both coming in at CL8. CL7 jumps to $140 at 1600. CL9 sets run $95 to a buck. For a little faster @ $120 (1866/CL9) they have a Sniper set F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR and a RipjawsX set F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL, both of which are very good (I'd give a slight nod to the Snipers)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X