Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 & F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (Ripjaws)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 & F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (Ripjaws)

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3439#ov) motherboard and am trying to run a set of F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (ripjaws - these were the from recommended list on gskill memory selector and state they are compatible) but I can not get the pair to pass in memtester x86 V4.20 CD on COLD BOOT.

When ever I cold boot to test the ram it fails withing 3-5 mins usually around test 3.

My install process was as follows. inset ram insure both sticks in correct slots DDR3_1 and DDR3_3 (both white slots) and are seated perfectly etc.

Opened BIOS and tried running AUTO on everything then tried manual setting everything eg 9-9-9-24 and 1.5V both options returned the same results. PLEASE SEE SCREEN SHOTS LINK TO CONFIRM THESE ARE CORRECT I BELIEVE THEY ARE.

Windows 7 memory tester (via F8 on boot up) found no issues both times around on cold or warm boot.

FYI when in windows 7 and playing say 1hr of Grand Theft Auto IV I dont have any bluescreens or anything... yet....

See link below for screen shots of all settings, errors and issues etc:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/62770463@N05/

System Config is:
    Intel Core™ i5-750
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 Motherboard Running latest Bios (F11)
    1x GSKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (Ripjaws- 2 x 4GB STICKS)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB SuperClocked
    Corsair Professional Series™ HX850 — 80 PLUS? Silver Certified PSU
    1x SATA2 Patriot Inferno 60 SSD HDD (OS)
    1x SATA2 WD Carvier Blue 7200 RPM 500GB HDD (APPS ETC)
    1x Sony SATA Opartic DVDRW
    1x Benq 21.5" 1080P G2222HDH Monitor

Please help me because I really need to know my system is stable and dependable with your RAM etc.

thanks,
    mark
    Last edited by delta; 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Win7 is 64bit

Try it w/ your CR (command Rate) at 2 instead of 1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

where do I change the command rate?

sorry kind new to memory settings, until now all I have ever had to do it insert the ram run memtest get numerous passes and that was it

Comment

Go into the BIOS, go to the RAM settings page you posted and it's down towards the bottom

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tried it but no luck

Last edited by delta; 05-13-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

So, after you restart it works fine? Is that what you mean by cold boot? If so, send them in for RMA.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

when i say restart i mean eg power on go into windows and say browse the web for a little put the cd in for memtester and click restart. let memtester run and it runs without issue.

when i say cold boot i mean have the cd in the drive press the power button and let the cd boot memtester and the ram fails.

what other options can i have to fix this issue etc?

Comment

Next try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55 - 1.57 area

Tman

Comment

tried from 1.56V to 1.58V all show no improvement - see pic for errors when running 1.57V

Comment

Can try 1.6, which is safe, though if problems persist may want to look into exchange or RMA like Gskill Tech said

Tman

Comment

still didnt do anything same result errors in memtester

Comment

Do you have or can you borrow another stick or two or try your sticks in another system, if others work in yours, would sort of help determine its the sticks, though if fine in another board, may be the mobo or CPU

Tman

Comment

conclusion must be the MB my other 2 sticks pass when tested 1 at a time. tested this with the gskill set and another corsair set.

likely hood of 4 faulty sticks very slim i think

Comment

Working...
                          X