Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need compatibility confirmation for a gigabyte motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need compatibility confirmation for a gigabyte motherboard.

motherboard:
    GA-X58A-UD3R rev2.0

Processor
    i7-930 2.8ghrz

Gskill Ram kit im interested to get
    DDR3 6GB 1333MHZ F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ

In the gskill site i couldnt find the model of the motherboard. I did find listed a GA-EX58-UD3R which i belive is the GA-X58-UD3R, but i dont know if theres a difference with the GA-X58A-UD3R. The kit would be to make my pc. im new to this, and trying to be careful so i dont try to use the wrong parts and screw things up

Also, another matter: apart from that kit, i would like to later buy separatedly 4gb cards (two 3x4gb kits), that could work in triple channel mode, in order to fill the 24gb capacity of the board, so i would appreciate if someone could tell me which are my best choice. Also, in the case the 6gb kit its compatible, would it work fine if i add a 12kit (one you recommend me) without crashing the machine, or provoking compatibility issues?
    Last edited by ArturoD; 05-10-2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: missed a detail

First off, anytime you try and mix two or more kits/sets you take a chance on them not playing together, which is why ONLY packaged sets are guaranteed to work together, the manufacturer tests each kit to ensure they do.

If thinking towards 24GB might look at F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL which is 1333 as mentioned in your post or even the 1600 24GB kit F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL, which is also CL9 so could run at a lower frequency with a tighter CL and outperform the 1333 set at either 1600 or 1333 at CL8 or possibly CL7 - for about a $35 difference, it would be a good choice.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i know, thats why i asked if someone knew kits that could be mixed in the long run, in order to avoid having to wait more to have the cash to buy a bigger and better kit. If the only safe option is to get a 24gb kit to have 24gb, then i will buy one someday.

currently i can only afford the 6gb kit i order to buy other things i need, my question is

everytime i see in gskill site the "GA-EX58-UD3R" listed, it means the ram is compatible with the ga-x58A-ud3r?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Yes, any triple or hex channel kit will be compatible.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X