Amd am3 + f3-12800cl9d-4gbxl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd am3 + f3-12800cl9d-4gbxl

I ordered the G.skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800CL9D-4GBXL RAM, it was under a promotion sale from Newegg and it did not mention that it was for P67 platforms / Intel Core Processors until after the promotion was over ( in green text. ) The problem is I have an ASRock M3A770DE ( AMD AM3 ) motherboard and a Phenom II X4 840 CPU. Will I have any issues with this RAM? Or can I adjust the settings to it. If I can, how would I go about doing so? I saw some reviews where people said they were not having issues with AMD AM3 type motherboards.

It only means that this set was tested on an Intel platform, so you should be fine.
    For the most part, memory is memory and should run on both AMD & Intel systems.
    Just make sure that you manually enter the memory frequency, timings, and voltage in your bios.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Just ensure your mobo can run DRAM at 1.5, recently ran into an ASRock mobo that had the DDR3 DRAM voltage with a low of 1.58, their BIOSs aren't always real heads up as to tolerances and JEDEC stardards....and tech support is about ......... let's say nothing.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X