Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws X F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH

Okay so i am having the dreaded "video driver stopped responding"

Heard elsewhere it "could" be memory related. I have been tweaking them and it has lowered it a bit but nothing substantial. I figured before i go to Asus since their support is horrid i would come here and ask

Pc is:

Intel 2600k @ stock 3.4ghz
    P8P67 Deluxe
    Zotac amp 480
    Ripjaws X F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH
    Crucial C300 2x64GB
    Windows 7 64-bit

I have updated bios to the latest 1502.

Currently running... according to CPUZ

Frequency - 668.9mhz
    Ratio - 1:5
    CL - 7
    tRCD -7
    tRP - 7
    tRAS - 21
    CR - 2

I set all the timings myself but have not touched anything else. Does this look right and does this sound right for the motherboard?

Just if you could tell me optimal settings, if this is right and anything else that might require tweaking.

THanks!

Do you have the latest drivers for your GPU? You can get them from the manufactures home page or a good place to check is www.guru3d.com they have the latest for ATI/AMD/nVidia and often have the latest betas also.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes sir, here is all the stuff zotac and i did:

Reseat card
      Reinstall drivers cleanly
      Disable HD audio drivers(as per nvidia forums)
      update bios version

I actually tried swapping video cards with my old 9800gtx and it seemed to work fine for a little while. I didn't test it longer because it's like comparing apples to oranges. Not to mention this card would not push anything in the computer like the gtx480 would.

Comment

So you are running the 270.61 graphics driver? Could try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          So you are running the 270.61 graphics driver? Could try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55
          No dice, no effect at all.

Comment

May be the graphics card, can you try it in another system?

Tman

Comment

Yes Sir i certainly can. I am going to throw it in my P5B Deluxe and see if i can replicate the problem. To date i have never been able to replicate the issue on the other motherboard. Or the same issue on the p67 deluxe with my 9800gtx. so confusing

I will try some more extensive testing, my P5B really doesn't have the power to truly "test" this video card haha.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

Okay so i cannot replicate the driver failing when either card is swapped.

I am however able to overclock my computer properly now, even using Asus AISuite and it does not throw a hardware error.

I can only assume at this point it is video card related and that it is a conflict either via driver or motherboard and video card not liking each other.

I have run Asus's tests and run Zotac's test and they both point the finger at each other. If my 9800GTX runs fine i can only assume it's the gtx 480 right?

Comment

That would be my guess, might check at Guru3D website, they often have beta drivers you can try

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X