Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P8P67 Duluxe Memory - prepurchase question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8P67 Duluxe Memory - prepurchase question.

I have a quick pre-purchase question for everyone. I?m going to purchase an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe R3 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Motherboard with an Intel Core i7 2600K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor. My question is this which G.Skill Memory would be best other than the G.SKILL Ripjaws X + Fan Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2200 (PC3 17600) Desktop Memory Model F3-17600CL9Q-16GBXLD which I simply can?t afford. I?m looking for a 16GB solution and the best I can gather the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL is probably what I am looking for. Can anybody tell me if I am correct?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

That kit sounds very good for that motherboard and processor. The fact that it's sold as a kit ensures on your end that once installed and XMP enabled, gskill promises you the memory will run at those speeds without fail. Bear in mind, if things don't work, don't be afraid to ask for help here so we could direct you properly should things not go as intended.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.99 Ghz 1.38V
    ASRock x370 Taichi v2.0 BIOS
    16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 @14-14-14-34-75 TRC-312 TRFC - 1T
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
    EVGA G2 750W
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, 2x Intel 530 120GB, 1x Seagate 1TB

Intel s1155 2600K proc
    ASUS Maximus 4 extreme motherboard
    4x2GB GSkillF3-17000CL9D-4GBXL @ 2133 9-11-9-28-2T
    ASUS Geforce GTX 580 DCII @ 900/1800/4008/1.1V
    SeaSonic X-760 PSU
    G.Skill phoenix 120GB SSD

Comment

Wow, well said.. thanks!
      haha

GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks

That was so the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

Let us know what you think of them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Result

I will let everyone how it turns out. I've ordered the memory and will be picking up/ordering the rest of the components this weekend. I'm pretty excited about the build as I haven't done on since very early P4 days. Once my job started giving me laptops I didn't have a desire to build. Now I just want a faster video editing and photo editing system (and can't wait to sneak in a game with the time I save editing).

Jason

Comment

Sounds like a winner, laptops definately come in handy, but video editing and the like I still prefer the power you can load into a tower.....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update

What I ended up buying and building was this.

Intel Core i7 2600K LGA 1155 Boxed Processor
                ASUS P8P67 Deluxe R3 LGA 1155 P67 ATX Intel Mother...
                Corsair Professional HX650W 650W Modular Power Sup...
                Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU-TRI-77 Universal CPU...
                Arctic Cooling MX-2 High Performance Thermal Compo...
                Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid Tower ATX Gaming Cas...
                ASUS 24x Internal DVD?RW SATA Writer
                Logitech Z623 Speaker System
                Hitachi DeskStar 7K3000 2TB HDS723020BLA642 7200 R...
                OCZ Technology Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240 240GB SATA...
                EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB ...
                G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

What has changed since I built my last system, an original P4. ALOT! The new modular power supplies are very smart. Cases are better but in the case of the Antec it was a great case for a smaller board, it's a very tight fit with this board making getting the sata devices plugged in tuff. Though the fit was nothing a little mod to the case didn't fix. SSD, lots of memory and easily routable sata cables make everyone look like a pro.

The memory, and the system for that matter is awesome. Booted and started loading Windows 7 64 bit first try. I've done some initial testing in Photoshop. Since I shot sports it's all jpg at about 7MB a piece. I can open around 150 images in Photoshop at a time. Overall my editing time should be cut down by 75% since I won't be waiting for the system.

The only part that didn't work out was the Thermalright Silver Arrow. It would have fit in the case but didn't clear all of the MB components. So it is going back and I'll look for another cooler before starting any overclocking. At stock speeds though the system is already very fast and has been 100% stable. I would diffidently give the g.skilll, asus, intel an A+ for the combination. It's an amazing amount of compute power for under $3000 uncluding O/S and a 24" monitor.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Sounds like you have a winner in hand.....next step, dual monitors, comes in great for both photo and video editing......(and can always throw in a TV Tuner to keep you company..LOL....have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X